2 quarterbacks we go after in portal

Nothing changed in the bye week, our QB started forcing passes and teams started playing different coverages to confuse him.

How will it be sold to recruits in the portal? Idk…how bout, we’re so devoid of talent that we have to keep putting this turnover machine on the field, would you like to be the starting quarterback for the University of Miami?
Eehhhhh…I’ll pass. Thanks though

Advertisement
Good thing we're not recruiting you. Enjoy wherever the **** else it is you end up.
I’m just saying that it’s not as attractive a spot as we canes fans think it is. It’s a bro style offense, a college without a stadium, no money being spent on NIL, and a 20 year record of destroying qbs

There's quite a bit to sell to a QB:

1) You can compete for a starting job immediately;
2) WR position group should be more talented next year;
3) RB position group should be more talented next year;
4) OL should still be solid next year;
5) Beard's recruiting;
6) Dawson's overall resume;
7) Good DC means you'll have defensive help;
8) Best weather in the country;
9) No state income tax;
10) I should be an analyst.

I’m just saying that it’s not as attractive a spot as we canes fans think it is. It’s a bro style offense, a college without a stadium, no money being spent on NIL, and a 20 year record of destroying qbs
Where do you come up with this notion of "destroying QBs?"

Advertisement

It certainly wasn't vs. TAMU…

We've reverted back to it because we don't have a QB. It is being done out of necessity now.

Where do you come up with this notion of "destroying QBs?"
We’ve had highly rated guys come here over the past 20 years. Have ANY of them progressed?

Kayaa-trash
Harris-jag
Marve-jag
Jarren-trash
Nkosi-jag
Garcia-jag
Martell-jag

Those are our highly rated guys. That’s not to mention Morris, TVD, Rosier…

I'm so tired of this **** and I don't even know why I bother, but here are the QBs in the country that have thrown FEWER passes per game than Tyler Van Dyke:

Jordan Travis
Caleb Williams
Dillon Gabriel
Brady Cook
Quinn Ewers
Kyle McCord
Joe Milton
Jayden Daniels

Enough of the stupid "bro style" ****.

We’ve had highly rated guys come here over the past 20 years. Have ANY of them progressed?

Kayaa-trash
Harris-jag
Marve-jag
Jarren-trash
Nkosi-jag
Garcia-jag
Martell-jag

Those are our highly rated guys. That’s not to mention Morris, TVD, Rosier…
This in no way establisbes that this program "destroyed" anyone.

Advertisement
This in no way establisbes that this program "destroyed" anyone.
I'm so tired of this **** and I don't even know why I bother, but here are the QBs in the country that have thrown FEWER passes per game than Tyler Van Dyke:

Jordan Travis
Caleb Williams
Dillon Gabriel
Brady Cook
Quinn Ewers
Kyle McCord
Joe Milton
Jayden Daniels

Enough of the stupid "bro style" ****.
You guys honestly think we land a great qb in the portal this year? I hope we do, but I don’t see it happening.

@Hegemon disagrees with this analysis

jack off please GIF
You're too emotional

Advertisement
I mean after Mario fires Dawson and then, sometime next June, hires a new OC the sky is the limit!
Exactly what I’m saying. There’s nothing that makes me think that any legit qb chooses Miami with the product we’ve shown on the field over the last 20 years. For longer than they’ve been alive, we’ve sucked. We sucked throughout their entire high school careers. We’ve sucked during their first few college years. And we aren’t ponying up the money anymore like we did the past few years with Ruiz at the helm. This place is not attractive.

I have an opinion on what has happened to Mario. I think he is a legit recruiter. I think if he had equal money to UF and FSU, he’s beat them head to head in recruiting. I think the game changed with NIL and with the portal, and we aren’t playing it like we told him we would. He said he needed $$$ to win and he isn’t getting it anymore from what is apparent.

We didn’t bring him here for his coaching prowess. We brought him beat UF and FSU in recruiting every single year. Now it’s only year two and we’ve completely handcuffed him

Advertisement
One of the best OL in the country to play behind. Solid receiving core. Don’t be ignorant. We landed D’eriq King out of the portal with worse skill guys and an OC in Lashlee, who like Dawson, had a lot of questions surrounding him
I think D’eriq King would kill it with this team. Change nothing else except him and we are at worst 8-1.

We'll land a QB in the portal.
My concern is whether we'll land a better QB in the portal than other schools that could potentially be looking, like Alabama, FSU, TCU, Clemson, Nebraska, UGA, etc....

A lot of unknowns and a lot of risk considering how empty the cupboard looks right now. A bargain bin QB isn't it.

There will be a lot of QB’s available in the Portal.

We don’t have to settle; we can land a good one if we’re serious.

We allegedly have endless NIL money & allegedly have an Elite recruiter, so what exactly would be the hold up from us landing a top tier QB from the Portal?

The logic Math has to add up eventually folks, otherwise yall gon’ start sounding real insane again.

There will be a lot of QB’s available in the Portal.

We don’t have to settle; we can land a good one if we’re serious.

We allegedly have endless NIL money & allegedly have an Elite recruiter, so what exactly would be the hold up from us landing a top tier QB from the Portal?

The logic Math has to add up eventually folks, otherwise yall gon’ start sounding real insane again.
Wait thought all the doomers were saying we have no NIL? Has that changed to we have endless NIL, and Mario still can't recruit now?

Advertisement
Back