2* DE Tyreic Martin visiting on 1/29.

Advertisement
I don't understand. This **** is like Golden recruiting all over again

Only thing that helps is the kid got some late offers from south Carolina and Mizzou

Kuligowski recruit. I have no worries that if Kool wants him he's a solid prospect.

I like it. Tells me they are ferreting out the real under-the-radar talent, the kind we used to get in the Jimmy Johnson days. This is the real way to recruit. They are working hard, making their own evaluations, and not relying on the Crabtree's or whatevers of the world

I'll repeat again what one of our best DL coaches, Bob Karmelowicz, told me 25 years ago. Just find me a kid who is 6'1" to 6'2', 280-300 lbs. . We'll coach them into football players. He was not terribly impressed by recruit rankings. Of course, the kid had to have some intangibles, heart and desire, and hopefully, some quickness and explosion.

I trust this guy Kuligowski.

Last edited:
Something we havent had in a long long time... backup plans being recruited and not getting that offer 15 minutes before they sign on signing day.

Only a moron trusts a star rating over a proven recruiter eval. Some of the comments are hilarious in this thread. I literally pay no attention to rankings and stars as they are a joke . Now tape tells the tale . If this kid looks bad on film that is a different story. I haven't watched this kid's film just making a comment in general.

Advertisement

Only thing that helps is the kid got some late offers from south Carolina and Mizzou

Kuligowski recruit. I have no worries that if Kool wants him he's a solid prospect.

I like it. Tells me they are ferreting out the real under-the-radar talent, the kind we used to get in the Jimmy Johnson days. This is the real way to recruit. They are working hard, making their own evaluations, and not relying on the Crabtree's or whatevers of the world

I'll repeat again what one of our best DL coaches, Bob Karmelowicz, told me 25 years ago. Just find me a kid who is 6'1" to 6'2', 280-300 lbs. . We'll coach them into football players. He was not terribly impressed by recruit rankings. Of course, the kid had to have some intangibles, heart and desire, and hopefully, some quickness and explosion.

Couldn't of said it better.

All he does is shed tackles and get up field. Entire tape was him doing what we are gonna coach d-linemen to do. Tracy Howard and Jelani Hamilton were highly rated HS kids and didn't have remarkable college careers. Let the pros do what they do.

Couldn't of said it better.

True..

Kool took a dude who wears dresses and tongue kisses men and made him SEC Defensive POY. I'm riding with Kool.

Advertisement
Kool was taking these kind of guys at Mizzou for 15 years and I don't ever remember them not having a draft pick or two off of it the last couple years. I trust him

If it helps:
2014 Kool had a 3* DE make First Team All-SEC (Shane Ray, a Jr).
2015 Kool had an unranked DE make Second Team All-SEC.

also made michael sam SEC defensive mvp

Sam was pluggin everything that year

no pun intended i'm sure

Advertisement
Coach Kool loves him as a prospect. He was previously committed to Mizzou. Muschamp wants him. Those are two pretty good defensive coaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This young man is listed as 6'2" 265lbs SDE, and I am thinking his future is in the interior as 3 Tech because I am not seeing that D-End explosiveness needed to be a DE. I think he is Plan B/C kid for both Miami and USCe at this point.

I like 2016 DT Arron Thompson from Dillard HS more than Martin at this point. An Thompson is a local South florida kid so he gets the knod over a 2* out of state kid.

Go Canes

I'd agree, but have to admit based on Kool's evals and success, I'd defer to his judgements.

247 has him as a 3-star. He has offers from South Carolina, Missouri, Louisville, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Memphis and then a bunch of other G5 and I-AA schools.

He's 3-star according to rivals. He's 3-star according to ESPN. He's a 3-star according to Scout. Actually, he's a 3-star everywhere, so where exactly is a 2-star except the OP's head?

If Kul wanted him, pray to your father in heaven that we get him. the man knows his DL talent.

Advertisement
Back