2* DE Tyreic Martin visiting on 1/29.

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory
South Carolina has tried to make a move with defensive lineman Tyreic Martin (Valley, Ala./Valley) but the Gamecocks are still seemingly the number two school.

Martin initially said that Missouri, the school where he was formerly committed, is still at the top but then went back to say that South Carolina is neck-and-neck.

“They’re, like, my second right now,” Martin said of South Carolina. “I still have Missouri at the top right now. I have to go to Miami to see.”

Asked what he liked about the Tigers to keep them on top, Martin responded.

“Missouri and South Carolina are kind of like a toss-up,” Martin said. “I like Missouri because I like the coaching staff still, even the new ones. The D-line coach, we stay in touch a lot.”

Martin will take a visit to Jacksonville State next weekend before finishing the recruiting cycle with a trip to Miami, Fla. the final weekend to see the Hurricanes.

“Right after I finish my last visit is when I’ll make my choice.”

Martin said that defensive line coach Lance Thompson is “cool” and they had a chance to spend a lot of time together this weekend. One other coach really stood out though as well.

“The coaching staff,” Martin said, when asked what he liked the most about the trip. “They’re really family oriented. I like the strength coordinator a lot. He’s really intense and I think he’d be very good for me if I come to South Carolina.”

Martin said that Muschamp is his primary recruiter.

“Coach Muschamp is one of the best in the game,” Martin said. “We talked a lot this weekend. He keeps it real with me and doesn’t try to sell me on anything. He wants what’s best for the players and the recruits.”

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2466379 said:
Confusing

You've got that right, in particular with the Jacksonville State visit mixed in. We'll see what happens, but this young man is all over the place which usually means he's had some attention but nothing too serious.

I don't understand. This **** is like Golden recruiting all over again

Only thing that helps is the kid got some late offers from south Carolina and Mizzou

Advertisement

Only thing that helps is the kid got some late offers from south Carolina and Mizzou

Kuligowski recruit. I have no worries that if Kool wants him he's a solid prospect.

It feels just like it i feel u bruh.
Hope its different man i dont have patience no more

Advertisement
Gotta be a Coach Kool Recruit. If Kool thinks this kid is way underrated and can play at this level, then what do I know, right? Maybe he's a take and move to DT, kid. I'm trusting Kool on this one. He made a *** guy into an NFL draft pick, so I have confidence.

Last edited:

If it helps:
2014 Kool had a 3* DE make First Team All-SEC (Shane Ray, a Jr).
2015 Kool had an unranked DE make Second Team All-SEC.

Advertisement
I dont know what school he plays at but that has alot to do with Star Rating. If a player was at STA or Heritage down here and was a 2* he probably is a 2*. But if the school/team isnt high profile or have much talent a 2* can be a Gem. This is exactly how Coach Kool operates and has had such success.

This young man is listed as 6'2" 265lbs SDE, and I am thinking his future is in the interior as 3 Tech because I am not seeing that D-End explosiveness needed to be a DE. I think he is Plan B/C kid for both Miami and USCe at this point.

I like 2016 DT Arron Thompson from Dillard HS more than Martin at this point. An Thompson is a local South florida kid so he gets the knod over a 2* out of state kid.

Go Canes

Advertisement

It feels just like it i feel u bruh.
Hope its different man i dont have patience no more

Lmao you two are clueless

Looking at star rating and not the fact that three major programs are vying for His signature (south Carolina, Missouri, and Miami). Not to mention coach Kool, the best in the business is obviously impressed with him and has turned no star recruits into all conference players at Missouri in the sec of all conferences

i dont think it matters what he's rated - i dont see him at UM. He will end up at Mizz or SC just like the article says.

Just my take

If cool wants him, it's all good. I do have a serious question though. Does it seem like we recruit an impossible number of DEs? I feel like we take 5 a year- more than any other position. In fact, DE was one of al's few strong points. So am I off here? Do we not take a huge number of DEs?

Advertisement
Back