2/3/2013 or 2/6/2013 - Complete Media Blackout -Whatcha Got?

AugieDoggy

Freshman
Friend of mine posed this: In a nutshell, you have to choose between Super Bowl and signing day 2013 for a complete media blackout, meaning no t.v., no radio, no internet and not phones; in fact, whichever you choose for the blackout, you cannot know what happened that day in sports until the next day.

My best friend, a Canes fan, said it's no choice - he'd black out NLOI signing day.

My team is not playing, so I could not give the smallest ****. The few times I have not taken off work for signing day I have been worthless at work - checking my phone, the t.v., all Canes sites and opponent's boards for updates. On a good year, signing day is like Christmas & Chanukah all at once, whether I'm at home alone or out at a bar with friends. Even on a bad year, the anticipation of the day is still a unique feeling. I never feel that way about the Super Bowl, even when the Giants are playing.

This year, especially, with a handful+ of top recruits in play and seemingly favoring us, it's a no-brainer to me. Goodbye Super Bowl

What you got?

Advertisement
I'm a 9ers fan, and the 9ers haven't been in the Super Bowl since I was in middle school.

I can wait a day to see that we got all our targets (which we will).

Advertisement
Super Bowl blackout

I can't remember a signing day that will have so many announcements for us...

Advertisement
Super Bowl blackout, I'm having a hard time waiting until Signing Day to figure out where our targets are going. I couldn't imagine having to wait another day, **** my life is pitiful

NSD...most unproductive work day ever, makes me understand crack addiction, I just keep going back to the well, refresh over and over and over

Advertisement
Blackout the Super Bowl for sure.

My professor didn't want to have a quiz the monday after the super bowl so she picked the 6th.

Talk about some bull****. I'm heading straight to the on campus bar after and pounding some. Can't wait till we find out a detailed schedule of the announcements.

Advertisement
I'd blackout the Super Bowl no questions asked. Your hit rate on getting an entertaining game isn't that great. Plus, I used to have to work on Super Bowl Sundays occasionally, got in the frame of mind where I didn't mind missing it. It bothered me more missing good Super Bowl parties than missing the game itself. If you're a bigtime CFB fan, the level of anticipation and occasional surprise with signing day beats the Super Bowl.

Of course, I'm a way bigger fan of college than the NFL anyway.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back