2/24 BC @ 2:00PM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone with an opinion on why Izundu only got 15 minutes against BC? Foul trouble was not a factor.

Last few weeks have been way too busy for me.

Just saw the replay and some thoughts.

Offensive rebounds edge was big 15-5. We won the total boards battle 39-27. Compare that versus the 32-32 stat from our loss to them.

86.7% at the FTL was key. We definitely lose this game otherwise. BC, a fairly capable FG shooting team (73%), tosses bricks this one (14-25 56%). Once the ACC/NCAA tournaments get going, we will make or break our season at the line. Lykes was the man at the FTL and Quan's regression this year means we should continue to see the offensive/defensive rotation like the one at the end of the game.

Opponents shooting percentage continues to be worrisome. BC shot 57% from the floor.

Here are the opponents FG percentage numbers over the past 7 games:

@VT (W) 84-75 48%
WF (W) 87-81 48%
@BC (L) 70-72 50%
UVA (L) 50-59 46%
Cuse (L) 55-62 48%
@ND (W) 77-74 53%
BC (W) 79-78 57%

Average 50%. Another troubling trend as the season winds down.

Well. A win is win and I'll take it.

Bring on UNC

Because they weren't being developed at Miami. I wouldnt want to play for this staff either.

The following players improved during their time at Miami, during the L era.

Shane Larkin
Durand Scott
Trey McKinney-Jones
Julian Gamble
Kenny Kadji
Reggie Johnson
Angel Rodriguez
Sheldon McClellan
Eric Swoope(Probably L's best work, he took a guy that didn't know a basketball from a hole in the ground and MADE him into a guy that could walk into the Dean Dome and get 20)
Rion Brown
Davon Reed

The list goes on. Manu and James didn't transfer because they weren't being developed, they transferred because they were stuck behind multiple guys, and didn't see the point of waiting to play. Manu was stuck behind a rising senior in Angel, and a super sub in Newton. He didn't know if he would be the starter when Angel graduated, and there was discussion of Manu taking a redshirt year, due to how loaded the PG spot was. James was stuck behind Davon, Sheldon and others, and he didn't know whether he would see significant minutes for at least two years. I'm quite sure that L didn't want to lose either one, but he understood that his roster was loaded at some positions, and when you have guys that all do the same things, it's hard to find minutes for all of them. Manu and James were different cases than someone like Burnett, who just wanted to jack up shots, and L had no time for that.

Advertisement
Anyone with an opinion on why Izundu only got 15 minutes against BC? Foul trouble was not a factor.

Not great defensively early. Other than that, I have no idea. He had some impactful minutes though, he was **** good on the glass, keeping plays alive by tipping rebounds out.

Being able to lock down defensively, get stops and make consecutive big shots to win a game is a team ability. Even though there was luck involved make no mistake about it the canes took that game back from BC. Sometimes good teams have to do that.

This should go a long way towards making the team confident that they are always in the game. Love to see how this carry's over to UNC.

71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg
71433509.jpg

This

Advertisement
Been out of the loop (I did watch the second half of the game). Now, to go back through the thread and laugh at AustinCane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back