1st offensive play vs FSU

Anyone else notice that if Njoku or Kayya is aware and picks up Pugh who walked to the line of scrimmage... Coley has a 75 yd TD because he's 2 yds behind White with no safety help because he down in the box playing Herdon

all 11 defenders were within 7yds of the line of scrimmage and Coley ran right by the CB who was up and didn't get a hand on Coley as he ran by him

Execution is the main problem stalling this offense right now

That was njoku's blocking assignment but he decided to crash down on the DE instead

Advertisement
If you put Peyton Manning into that same situation, he doesn't get sacked. It's called awareness and making sure everyone knows what to do/what is going on. Kaaya is not free of blame on that play.

So if you put arguably one of the best qbs of all time with 20 years of professional experience, he'll know what to do in that situation? You don't say

If you put Peyton Manning into that same situation, he doesn't get sacked. It's called awareness and making sure everyone knows what to do/what is going on. Kaaya is not free of blame on that play.

True but my bigger point was how these kind of mistakes/missed assignments are what has hamstrung Richt and this offense

Njoku never looked, Kayaa never looked...the execution or lack there of shrinks the playbook and how the game is played... if they pick that up and score I think FSU reverts back to the zone they have been using predominantly this year and allows the O-line to only face 4 down and 1 blitzer the rest of the game like UL faced against them

Lets not mention the offsides and illegal procedures on the wr's (coley) and drops....execution execution execution

That's like the 3rd time we've run some variation of that play and Coley was open for what should have been a huge play and Kaaya has been sacked or hurried (FAU, APP ST, and FSU). Most annoying part of it is fsu Telegraphs a blitz and our qb runs right into a sack, we telegraphed or blitz when JaQuan walked up to line of scrimmage from the slot and French ginger throws a bubble screen for a td to Kermit because he saw JaQuan blitzing gave fsu an advantage on the edge smh.

Advertisement
That's like the 3rd time we've run some variation of that play and Coley was open for what should have been a huge play and Kaaya has been sacked or hurried (FAU, APP ST, and FSU). Most annoying part of it is fsu Telegraphs a blitz and our qb runs right into a sack, we telegraphed or blitz when JaQuan walked up to line of scrimmage from the slot and French ginger throws a bubble screen for a td to Kermit because he saw JaQuan blitzing gave fsu an advantage on the edge smh.
To continue on with play action and turn your.back to the obvious blitzer tells me that the "missed assignment" was Kaaya's. With an obvious blitz coming off the edge, you can't turn your back and carry out a play fake.

Last edited:
Listen to Chise, Kaaya should've seen it coming and made him noticed as a edge threat

To continue on with play action and turn your.back to the obvious blitzer tells me that the "missed assignment" was Kaaya's. With an obvious blitz coming off the edge, you can turn your back and carry out a play fake.

Exactly, you scrub the play fake, signal your rb to up the blitzer, and let it go as soon as Coley breaks in because there is no safety.

To continue on with play action and turn your.back to the obvious blitzer tells me that the "missed assignment" was Kaaya's. With an obvious blitz coming off the edge, you can turn your back and carry out a play fake.

Exactly, you scrub the play fake, signal your rb to up the blitzer, and let it go as soon as Coley breaks in because there is no safety.

Njoku picks up the blitzer, not Walton

Advertisement
Call it a "missed assignment," but I saw Pugh walking up and he was obviously blitzing. An aware QB notices him right away and points at him or knows he's gotta get rid of it very quickly. Kaaya seemed like he never noticed Pugh walking up and not disguising his intention at all.

That's not meant as a pile hump on Kaaya. It's just the truth.

Truth. He did the same thing on the screen to Ahmonn that got blown up for a loss.

He looked dead at the defense(at least it seemed so) saw they matched up numbers wise, saw they were crowding the LOS, and STILL threw the **** screen.

It got blown up and Ahmon could've gotten hurt or fumbled.

Kaaya is starting to seem dumber and dumber every game I watch.

So Kaaya doesn't have the ability to change that?

Call it a "missed assignment," but I saw Pugh walking up and he was obviously blitzing. An aware QB notices him right away and points at him or knows he's gotta get rid of it very quickly. Kaaya seemed like he never noticed Pugh walking up and not disguising his intention at all.

Truth. He did the same thing on the screen to Ahmonn that got blown up for a loss.

He looked dead at the defense(at least it seemed so) saw they matched up numbers wise, saw they were crowding the LOS, and STILL threw the **** screen.

That screen play had me like wtf... Why even throw that ****

Advertisement

I just said Kaaya should've pointed him out up top...and If you rewatch the play like I did Njoku should've seen him coming to

can we get video of this?

Start at 9:42. Safety pulls up right at the last second - he wasn't the blitz but he still pulled up to cover the TE crossing pattern. Kayaa definitely DID NOT see the edge blitzer move up at the last second and Njoku ignored it for whatever reason and went to the DE instead.

[video=youtube_share;l6j6sKZtbbM]https://youtu.be/l6j6sKZtbbM?t=582[/video]

I think he's saying Kaaya should have called out the blitz so Njoku knew to pick up him up instead of blocking down on the DE.

Advertisement
Definitely failed recognition on Kaaya. No doubt Richt could have called a better game, but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes... Lack of confidence in your QB to read pre- and post snap, understand situations and make good decisions, has to limit play-calling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just said Kaaya should've pointed him out up top...and If you rewatch the play like I did Njoku should've seen him coming to

Kaaya fcked up. And honestly doubling Walker on that play was a good idea. Sonny cant block 44 one on one.

I think he's saying Kaaya should have called out the blitz so Njoku knew to pick up him up instead of blocking down on the DE.

He fcked up. no awareness

That screen play had me like wtf... Why even throw that ****

exactly. I cant trust Kaaya after that and the interception. a 3 year starter with NFL promise cant make Freshman mistakes like that.

Got outdueled by a freshman. smfh.

Advertisement
Back