1st offensive play vs FSU

101bat

Redshirt Freshman
Anyone else notice that if Njoku or Kayya is aware and picks up Pugh who walked to the line of scrimmage... Coley has a 75 yd TD because he's 2 yds behind White with no safety help because he down in the box playing Herdon

all 11 defenders were within 7yds of the line of scrimmage and Coley ran right by the CB who was up and didn't get a hand on Coley as he ran by him

Execution is the main problem stalling this offense right now

Advertisement
Was at the game and noticed that as well.

First play of the game was a deep post to Coley and it was WIDE OPEN. If Kayaa was given 1-2 extra seconds, we score on the first play from scrimmage and the crowd goes ballistic.

Coach Richt had the right play call, but the blitza coverage wasn't call out correctly at the line of scrimmage.

it seems like these guys that Golden landed that were not being recruited heavily by their local schools (and were "4 stars")end up being average all the time. These Golden steals crowned Greentree legends may just be the 3 stars everyone thought they were

That play just baffles me. Dude just walks up to the line and comes off untouched. How did Kaaya not see him? I guess that the PA had Njoku and the line shifting left, but still...

Advertisement
That play just baffles me. Dude just walks up to the line and comes off untouched. How did Kaaya not see him? I guess that the PA had Njoku and the line shifting left, but still...

Richt saidnit was a blown assignment - doesn't sound like it was Kayaa's fault. They obviously scripted this play and would've prepared for an edge blitz/rush. Someone fvcked up, but it wasn't Kayaa imo.

it seems like these guys that Golden landed that were not being recruited heavily by their local schools (and were "4 stars")end up being average all the time. These Golden steals crowned Greentree legends may just be the 3 stars everyone thought they were

think Herndon and Njoku are really good players. One thing I will give Golden credit for.

think Herndon and Njoku are really good players. One thing I will give Golden credit for.

I'm waiting for them to do something in a big game, going on 3 years

Advertisement

You were probably waiting on DL to make plays in last year's defensive system, too?

They're TEs. They can't throw the ball to themselves and are currently relegated to playing outside the hashes. Please watch their routes and assignments.

DO you not agree that Richt should have dialed up plays specifically for him though? Don't know how much opportunity he had. Our tight Ends shouldve eaten that weak D alive.

Advertisement
Anyone else notice that if Njoku or Kayya is aware and picks up Pugh who walked to the line of scrimmage... Coley has a 75 yd TD because he's 2 yds behind White with no safety help because he down in the box playing Herdon

all 11 defenders were within 7yds of the line of scrimmage and Coley ran right by the CB who was up and didn't get a hand on Coley as he ran by him

Execution is the main problem stalling this offense right now

Yes. after I re watched the game sober i noticed this also. good point OP

DO you not agree that Richt should have dialed up plays specifically for him though? Don't know how much opportunity he had. Our tight Ends shouldve eaten that weak D alive.

I had posted when richt was hired that in his system the TEs were rarely used and we are seeing it here

Advertisement

I think with this recruiting class the Defense will be playoff caliber

The o-line needs a major talent influx I hope the transfer from LSU is as advertised

But when I watched that play coupled with the line problems and Richt just getting back to play calling I wonder how handcuffed he feels when thinking of how to attack and when to attack because if you practice and script all week and come out and have that happen on the 1st play your trust level can't be high

You get exactly what you wanted from the Defense on your best weapon offensively only to have it and almost the season go crashing into the ground like Kayaa's throwing shoulder

If you put Peyton Manning into that same situation, he doesn't get sacked. It's called awareness and making sure everyone knows what to do/what is going on. Kaaya is not free of blame on that play.

Call it a "missed assignment," but I saw Pugh walking up and he was obviously blitzing. An aware QB notices him right away and points at him or knows he's gotta get rid of it very quickly. Kaaya seemed like he never noticed Pugh walking up and not disguising his intention at all.

That's not meant as a pile hump on Kaaya. It's just the truth.

Advertisement
Back