1s vs. 2s practices

Advertisement
1 vs 2 is fine if you are teaching an offense plays.

But 1 doesnt go against 2 in game.

By not running 1 vs 1, you dont have any idea how your offense is going to perform against good players.

Dude, we have all seen the documentaries...we get it.
No you don't get it the documentary only tells a part of it.it's a cane thing you must experience it to get the proper understanding.that's what's been missing the last 15 yrs.coaches and players during that time didn't get it.the good teams we've had went out and earned it

How are 1vs1 going to help our ****** playcalling and unimaginative scheme? Our issues are coaching and culture. We have talent. At least enough talent to be better than 5-5.
Maybe if the 1's absolutely stuff our crappy offense all afternoon, Richt will finally come to his senses and dump it. I can dream anyhow. Sigh!

Advertisement
Back in the Mid too late 90s and early 2000s, you can bet your *** 1s went up against 1s...that's undeniable...

Stuff like this just exposes the folks that never played college football at any level.

Scout teams exist for a reason. All teams have them.

I’m 100000% sure we do drills (1 on 1s for WRs/DBs and OL/DL, in addition to inside run and pass skeleton) with Ones vs Ones.

Back in the Mid too late 90s and early 2000s, you can bet your *** 1s went up against 1s...that's undeniable...

What are you talking about specifically tho? For game prep? Drills?

When are we not doing 1s vs 1s?

Not trying to be a jerk - just be more specific.

What are you talking about specifically tho? For game prep? Drills?

When are we not doing 1s vs 1s?

Not trying to be a jerk - just be more specific.
Everyday 1s went against 1s....Drills and Gameprep...I stood there and watched it for 6yrs...there were times where some positions were interchangeable...but practices at Greentree from 98-2000 were Savage...

Advertisement
The practices I've witnessed (both Off and Def) from 2007-now, Pale in comparison to Practices from 98-2003...Not even in the same book....
The hitting that went on at Greentree from 98-2000 are Legendary....You could hear the Hits from one end of Greentree to the other...

I saw Nate Webster Absolutely Destroy RBs in Practice...I'm talking Decleaters...Didn't matter if it was AA Edge or lesser known RBs...No Fs given....and if you jumped up complaining or with that "It's just Practice" BS.....Nate would fight you right then and there....ask any Cane FB player from those days if that wasn't the case...BrooklynDee commented on this very subject a month ago...

See back in 98-2000 every kid had that Dog in them...From Webster too Blades too Damione Lewis...Intense wasn't the word...

Advertisement
Everyday 1s went against 1s....Drills and Gameprep...I stood there and watched it for 6yrs...there were times where some positions were interchangeable...but practices at Greentree from 98-2000 were Savage...

You’re saying we don’t do drills with ones vs ones?

Like, in drills, Mike Jackson isn’t going against Cager and/or Thomas?

Not as much as the previous yrs mentioned....again, practices are nowhere near as competitive, or as Tough as the yrs I mentioned...

Advertisement
Most all teams practice 1 v 2. Can you post an article stating that Bama, Georgia and Clemson practice 1 v 1?

**** what they do! It's clear we need to toughen up this offense, the OL needs to be going against the top units, our QB needs to be seeing the top secondary.

That’s part of the reason why richt thinks his plays “from 30 years ago” work because the first team was practicing vs the backups

Not as much as the previous yrs mentioned....again, practices are nowhere near as competitive, or as Tough as the yrs I mentioned...

I don’t doubt that.

But folks are harping on this 1s vs 1s thing like Bama doesnt have a scout team.

for the 12302193rd time, yes, we do 1v1s in practice under richt. The question is how much. I don't know that answer.

Advertisement
Back