1s vs. 2s practices

Advertisement
If Richt is back next year which is more likely than not, can we get rid of this crap? Get back to 1s vs. 1s.

I labeled your opinion DUMB because absolutely nobody in this particular Miami forum KNOWS what CMR's immediate future will be! That includes U!!!!!!!!!!!

If Richt is back next year which is more likely than not, can we get rid of this crap? Get back to 1s vs. 1s.
Looks like you got targeted by the Mork Groupie Flying Monkey Downvote Dip****s. There should be a block feature on this board

I labeled your opinion DUMB because absolutely nobody in this particular Miami forum KNOWS what CMR's immediate future will be! That includes U!!!!!!!!!!!

I LABELED your post AWESOME for use of exclamations!!! AnD ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITING!!!!1!1

Advertisement
Back in the day when we were good the 1st defense and offense faced each other.practices were harder than the games.fights broke out often.players back held each other accountable and if you messed up you didn't want be in the locker room teammates would do something about it.

From what I have observed over a lot of years most teams prepare for the next game practicing against scout teams comprised of bench players.May have changed in recent years

Richt needs a reason for his sorry *** offense to work. So he cook the books with this 1s vs 2s in practices. Didn't you hear how Rosier had a better handle on the position? But you never seen that in a game once the season started!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back in the day when we were good the 1st defense and offense faced each other.practices were harder than the games.fights broke out often.players back held each other accountable and if you messed up you didn't want be in the locker room teammates would do something about it.

Dude, we have all seen the documentaries...we get it

From what I have observed over a lot of years most teams prepare for the next game practicing against scout teams comprised of bench players.May have changed in recent years

I'm not talking about preparing for games. Everyone knows you go against a scout team. I'm talking about in spring and in the scrimmages where Richt specifically stated we are doing 1s vs 2s. I can understand doing it every once in a while but every scrimmage we did it was 1s vs 2s. And even had that dumb *** scrimmage where the 2s were given a 3 TD lead to prepare for LSU. I guess it worked out since it got the team use to being down for 2 or 3 scores this year.

Advertisement
Tell me who we are developing doing that? Do you think our starting OL benefits from consistently playing our second team DL?

Your mindset only works for one season. Then the next season we'd have a D line that has never practiced against the 1's.

Im not arguing for one versus the other, but ones versus twos is critical to the competition factor within each position group.

2nd team is a scout team with lesser experience, allowing the 1st team to get different looks to execute against, and allowing the 2nd team to gain in-house experience vs the 1st teamers. So no, 1 vs 2 is common sense and a time saver in the limited practice time available in a week.

I'm fine with 1's v 2's in a practice setting. I'm not fine with having a "fair" QB competition with one QB running with the 1s only and the other getting demolished with the 2s only.

Advertisement
Back