1999 Hurricanes going 9-4

Advertisement
Apples and oranges. I see what you're trying to do.

We lost to GT and VT, teams that were blown out by DUKE. We lost to FIU for God's sake. We have a coach that literally thinks you can attitude and swag your way to victory.

Two of the teams we lost to were in the national championship game that year and a top ranked PSU.

How did this happen with the team's talent?

In particular, how did the ECU loss happen? ECU lost 22-3 to UAB, which in turn lost 47-3 to Wake Forest.
not2.jpg

Advertisement
Apples and oranges. I see what you're trying to do.

We lost to GT and VT, teams that were blown out by DUKE. We lost to FIU for God's sake. We have a coach that literally thinks you can attitude and swag your way to victory.

Two of the teams we lost to were in the national championship game that year and a top ranked PSU.

I'm not defending the FIU loss. I'm criticizing the Butch Davis is a god people.

I'm not defending the FIU loss. I'm criticizing the Butch Davis is a god people.
Maybe he is. He did build the greatest team of all time while in the midst of almost death-penalty level sanctions. Then came back and went 4-2 against Miami with FIU and UNC. Some of those where while he had cancer.

I know it's Butch is God people are annoying but it's the truest thing this outrageous fan base has been crazy about the last 20 years.

Advertisement
I was at the ECU game. We were a young, hurt team. Portis went crazy in the first half, then was too beat up and tired to continue (he was a true freshman). James Jackson was hurt. Kenny Kelly was spraying the ball (on the final drive, the coaching staff called the same play twice in a row hoping he could hit the same pass twice.... he couldn’t).
On defense, we had a bunch of injuries and were playing walk-ons in the second half. That team was wildly inconsistent due to youth and roster gaps.

Advertisement
If OP wants to play this game, Miami ended up a kick *** recruiting class in 1999.

How's our recruiting class shaping up this year?

Well see how we respond

i also hate looking at history and comparing seasons... that season was funky..

Advertisement
Also, ECU game was after the area had been devastated by the remnants of a hurricane... the emotional factor (rallying together and playing for the community) played a part for ECU.

Advertisement
Back