1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Advertisement
I’ve posted way before we were mentioned much he had legit interest in UM. There’s just a lot to this recruitment ( more than the obvious). But he’s a five star dl so we all know the deal.
giphy (1).gif

I’ve posted way before we were mentioned much he had legit interest in UM. There’s just a lot to this recruitment ( more than the obvious). But he’s a five star dl so we all know the deal.

USA Today and Yahoo both ran articles today calling for LSU to fire Ed Orgeron. I don't think the heat is going to die down. Maybe a few years ago this could get swept under the rug, but even LSU may have to answer for rape (if this was about illegal payoffs or shady recruiting, I have no doubt it would disappear). More importantly, it might make some parents reconsider whether they want their kids at a school that covers for rapists, especially when other schools without the negative reputation are offering equally attractive incentive$. Based on absolutely nothing but my own deductive faculties, I think Maason will make a choice between UM and UGA. Miami's edge is that UGA runs a 3-4 and Kirby Smart's seat is getting really, really warm. UGA's edge is they have lots of $$$. I'm not naive enough to think that Miami can show up to the party empty handed and convince Maason that "Sunshine and fun times are better than bags", but perhaps if Miami can show a top recruit how much legal $$$ he can potentially make with NIL opportunities (and maybe his car is having uh... "engine problems" so he'll need to take a loaner Maserati from The Collection for a few months at a time) we can take the lead.

USA Today and Yahoo both ran articles today calling for LSU to fire Ed Orgeron. I don't think the heat is going to die down. Maybe a few years ago this could get swept under the rug, but even LSU may have to answer for rape (if this was about illegal payoffs or shady recruiting, I have no doubt it would disappear). More importantly, it might make some parents reconsider whether they want their kids at a school that covers for rapists, especially when other schools without the negative reputation are offering equally attractive incentive$. Based on absolutely nothing but my own deductive faculties, I think Maason will make a choice between UM and UGA. Miami's edge is that UGA runs a 3-4 and Kirby Smart's seat is getting really, really warm. UGA's edge is they have lots of $$$. I'm not naive enough to think that Miami can show up to the party empty handed and convince Maason that "Sunshine and fun times are better than bags", but perhaps if Miami can show a top recruit how much legal $$$ he can potentially make with NIL opportunities (and maybe his car is having uh... "engine problems" so he'll need to take a loaner Maserati from The Collection for a few months at a time) we can take the lead.
Also need to keep winning.

Advertisement
As far as I've been told its not as far fetched for him to sign with miami anymore. I'll believe it when it happens but just the info I've been given. As you said 5 star dlineman and we know how that usually end$$$$$$. But we are very much in it, and much much much more than most think.

I’ll say this the bag game isn’t gonna hurt as much in the future bc players can now make money in Florida so the staff may be able to sell him on maximizing his profits by coming here with real legit money haha I know I’m probably off but one can dream

I’ve come to the realization that no recruiting cycle can go by without one of these kids.

Top player in a position group chased by the heavy hitters of bag dropping and arguably a generational talent.

Legit interest as stated from some random insider and doubling down that it’s true.

Cryptic social media postings and even admission by the player that Miami is on his final list.

Mandatory post on IG wearing UM apparel and maybe even a tweet about some former cane great.

player narrows list even further and even states that some of the former finalists are no longer in the picture.

collective cis erections followed by gif postings and pants down references.

More insiders pop up confirming cane lock or near cane lock status.

The death blow prediction from cis’ers that said player is a silent and let’s not ruin his moment.

The cryptic social media posts from a coach hinting about said player (never good news)

More cis ejaculate spewing

Player commits to the front runner.

CIS kumite erupts about fake insiders, bags, winning, coaching, development, firing, banning,
Butch Davis, Ivin
The scapegoat coach that dropped the ball, the scapegoat game we dropped to a basketball school,
The scapegoat poor performance at the position in question.

we sign a 3 star last minute project that for some reason has to be developed into a day one pick because saban and Kirby would definitely make him one.

I’ve come to the realization that no recruiting cycle can go by without one of these kids.

Top player in a position group chased by the heavy hitters of bag dropping and arguably a generational talent.

Legit interest as stated from some random insider and doubling down that it’s true.

Cryptic social media postings and even admission by the player that Miami is on his final list.

Mandatory post on IG wearing UM apparel and maybe even a tweet about some former cane great.

player narrows list even further and even states that some of the former finalists are no longer in the picture.

The death blow prediction from cis’ers that said player is a silent and let’s not ruin his moment.

The cryptic social media posts from a coach hinting about said player (never good news)

CIS kumite erupts about fake insiders, bags, winning, coaching, development, firing, banning,
Butch Davis, Ivin
The scapegoat coach that dropped the ball, the scapegoat game we dropped to a basketball school,

we sign a 3 star last minute project that for some reason has to be developed into a day one pick because saban and Kirby would definitely make him one.
Wow. That was pretty spot on. The only thing you didn't put at the bottom was "Rinse and repeat," but yeah, that's pretty much how it's gone for us in these matters.

I still think he might come here, though. :)

Advertisement

Butch Davis, Ivin

James Williams recruitment followed that model, but he signed with the good guys.

Butch Davis, Ivin

The mods should pin this post......we'll need it again later...it'll still be relevant years later..

He will save his job claiming if only Jaime Newman didnt ***** him at the last minute they would be undefeated. That said, I thought our stable of QBs were sorry last year..but UGA takes the cake. SHEESH! Kirby has 3 bums in his QB room.

Back to Maason Smith..Will be a tough pull but just stay with it until the end. Being in his top 3 is great news. Just chip away at him.

To the poster who said that he has never OV here...ALOT of kids are committing to schools they never OV and will never OV to especially now that Covid is out of control again. Thats just what this year is coming to. Btw, he came here as a sophomore for a camp or something and that is when he fell in love with the city and the school.. So he has been here before. If he doesnt come, it wont be because of that.
Gonna be VERY hard for anyone to be fired this year except at schools that DEMAND excellence. Covid is a built in excuse for failure all around. Certain coaches(hmm) have been exploiting that fact behind closed doors.

Advertisement
I think if we had the season we are having with no covid and could get him to visit I say we could get him. Our only hope is this LSU sexual assault case gets Coach O fired.

Advertisement
I think if we had the season we are having with no covid and could get him to visit I say we could get him. Our only hope is this LSU sexual assault case gets Coach O fired.

Bringing the heat.

Can you imagine if a report like this came out against Miami? I would wager anything that the NCAA would give Miami nothing less than the death penalty.

Butch Davis, Ivin

So you’re telling me there’s a chance??

AU: I feel differently. I see so many teams with quick drops and quick passes that seem to minimize DT play to some extent. Several years ago, I'd agree with you. But I see, for example, OSU and Clemson with up-tempo, pass-happy offense designed to get the ball out fast that mitigate interior play. Those teams have excellent backs but even if you stop that element of their offense, the short passing game can compensate for a stifled run game. I can't say there is one position that is more important than the rest, but I believe that LBs that can cover and a deep group of corners/safeties is more important than ever in today's game.
Issue with that is short passing games aren't designed nor do they mitigate good to great dt play. They are designed to mitigate de and lb pressure. A good group of dt does the exact opposite. If you can collapse the pocket from the interior quicker it literally motivated quick drops which In turn cancels out alot of underneath routes. Very few teams in America have good to great tackle play however. If you can somehow land these two it puts you immediately in contention to do something really special so long as you develop them a lil. This kid I think will be an all american with the right strength & nutrition program behind him. Leonard I still have alot of questions about him. He can go either way if he doesn't get **** good coaching. Db play is greatly overrated because the biggest factor to it's success or failure is line play honestly. Lb are dependent on tackle play in particular.

Advertisement
Back