1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

The people that gave us an IPF could buy the late T Boone Pickens 5X over. Stop saying UM doesn't have money. That's ignorant AF. There's finally a handful of people in charge that care about football. Stop with the nonsense. If the kid goes to the SEC it's because he wants to go to the SEC.

Advertisement
Ehhh. I know y'all won't wanna hear it but issue with that is while I'd agree with a few of them being more than simply solid, they were all coached by an individual who put an emphasis on technique. Nesta is definitely tightening up. Even shines at moments, but again as I said what this system calls for is space eaters. Lineman are supposed to take up blockers and free up backers. That's their job in this system. A talented 3 technique will always shine **** near despite the system so long as he isn't keyed on. We've been fortunate to have several good ones lately. I don't feel beyond nesta we have that now. Like anyone who's played this game at more than a child's level will tell you success on both sides of the ball is dependent on the trenches. We somehow pull off either of these kids if not both im not even sure with the ends we have that stroud would even be able to **** that up. Just would love to see him start developing complementary moves to the strengths kids come in with.
Not saying I disagree, however I do think Harrioson-Hunte is/will be a good 3 tech. He looks quick as cat and he's 6'4 285. It is yet to bet determined whether is strong enough though

UGA runs a 3-4. LSU runs a 3-4. If I'm not mistaken, he would rather be in a 4-3. Now I'm not saying big duffel bags aren't going to get thrown around by the $ec, but maybe if some Miami booster doing Gods work scraped together just a few bucks, then that plus the NIL and his interest in Miami's D and playing with LT might be enough. Sometimes it's not just about which school drops the biggest bag. Unless a kid is a born and raised diehard Cane, you definitely have to bring chips the table to have a chance at a kid of this caliber. However, maybe a player will be open to taking a little bit less to go somewhere he'll have fun in the scheme he prefers (and understands he can make up the difference with NIL opportunities)

Advertisement
UGA runs a 3-4. LSU runs a 3-4. If I'm not mistaken, he would rather be in a 4-3. Now I'm not saying big duffel bags aren't going to get thrown around by the $ec, but maybe if some Miami booster doing Gods work scraped together just a few bucks, then that plus the NIL and his interest in Miami's D and playing with LT might be enough. Sometimes it's not just about which school drops the biggest bag. Unless a kid is a born and raised diehard Cane, you definitely have to bring chips the table to have a chance at a kid of this caliber. However, maybe a player will be open to taking a little bit less to go somewhere he'll have fun in the scheme he prefers (and understands he can make up the difference with NIL opportunities)
I believe LSU switched back to a 4-3 when Aranda left

I believe LSU switched back to a 4-3 when Aranda left

You are right. On the flip side, LSU fans already want Pelini fired. That D is garbage this year. #84 in ppg. They make Miami look like the 85 Bears. Smith has to wonder if LSU will be changing schemes back to a 3-4 if Pelini can't get it fixed.

Advertisement
I have written this before....under Kirby, UGA targets one "must have" recruit and pays whatever is necessary. Last year it was the TE from Vegas, my *guess* is that its Smith this year.
could be. They are after Korey Foreman pretty hard, too.. They've been selling themselves as "wanting to play together".... After the rough start to this season maybe the boosters go for the house on this....

Advertisement
Especially after they soon fire Kirby. GA going down this year.
He will save his job claiming if only Jaime Newman didnt ***** him at the last minute they would be undefeated. That said, I thought our stable of QBs were sorry last year..but UGA takes the cake. SHEESH! Kirby has 3 bums in his QB room.

Back to Maason Smith..Will be a tough pull but just stay with it until the end. Being in his top 3 is great news. Just chip away at him.

To the poster who said that he has never OV here...ALOT of kids are committing to schools they never OV and will never OV to especially now that Covid is out of control again. Thats just what this year is coming to. Btw, he came here as a sophomore for a camp or something and that is when he fell in love with the city and the school.. So he has been here before. If he doesnt come, it wont be because of that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back