1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Advertisement
The problem with that is the scheme doesn't usually allow tackles to shine. That's why gerald was so special. He literally did everything the system requires in occupying space etc and dominated inside of it(while being consistently doubled and chipped.
That’s not really true. Good tackles shine in this scheme. McIntosh, Willis, even Norton to some extent and Jade and JHH are flashing.

Advertisement
That’s not really true. Good tackles shine in this scheme. McIntosh, Willis, even Norton to some extent and Jade and JHH are flashing.

I agree. The system is great for quick 3Ts who can quickly get upfield. Willis was just the best one we have had since Manny has been here but McIntosh def had his moments as well and Silvera is coming into his own as is JHH.

Advertisement
Advertisement
not getting pumped here but one day we win one of these underdog battles..this could be the one

there have been positive signs this year beating baggy Georgia for JW and RB...as well as FL for AW, LT, BS.... there is been a while since so many Big battles went our way. That is that

I don’t think LSU is as deep in this recruitment as everyone says, he’s a top prospect from there but they say UGA is in the lead. Take it for what it’s worth... we might be 2nd tho. If he ain’t strictly bags I like our chances if so then oh well lol...
I have written this before....under Kirby, UGA targets one "must have" recruit and pays whatever is necessary. Last year it was the TE from Vegas, my *guess* is that its Smith this year.

Every year I’ve fallen for it.
Not this year. I’ve seen this movie over and over again. I’m sure you all know the ending.
Almost fell for it with flowe.

Advertisement
Not this year. I’ve seen this movie over and over again. I’m sure you all know the ending.
I am sure Flowe will be a good player. I watched a bit of the Oregon game looking for him and then... Holy Christo, who the **** is that man child savage beast linebacker? The ‘other’ kid on that D looks the part. Jeezus.

I mean in fairness no one thought we had a serious chance with Flowe except for Rohan. And he said we came in 2nd place. This might be the same case this year. We’re always 2nd place fo the elite elite talent.

Ehhh. I know y'all won't wanna hear it but issue with that is while I'd agree with a few of them being more than simply solid, they were all coached by an individual who put an emphasis on technique. Nesta is definitely tightening up. Even shines at moments, but again as I said what this system calls for is space eaters. Lineman are supposed to take up blockers and free up backers. That's their job in this system. A talented 3 technique will always shine **** near despite the system so long as he isn't keyed on. We've been fortunate to have several good ones lately. I don't feel beyond nesta we have that now. Like anyone who's played this game at more than a child's level will tell you success on both sides of the ball is dependent on the trenches. We somehow pull off either of these kids if not both im not even sure with the ends we have that stroud would even be able to **** that up. Just would love to see him start developing complementary moves to the strengths kids come in with.

Advertisement
Back