1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

So if LSU is under investigation, he likes Miami, says our defensive scheme is the best fit, is rocking the TO chain, and LT is recruiting him hard... well, stranger things have happened.
I don’t think LSU is as deep in this recruitment as everyone says, he’s a top prospect from there but they say UGA is in the lead. Take it for what it’s worth... we might be 2nd tho. If he ain’t strictly bags I like our chances if so then oh well lol...

Advertisement
We would be set for three years easy....if they follow that up with savages stacking at DT that's how u win championships. U can't bring that in then the following year recruit 3 star gems at DT......need to start stacking and this class is that first class.....looks good on paper but we need more.....smith turns this class into a game changer.....but I know that kid ain't coming. We need the bags
Think positive. Smith and Taylor can play meaningful snaps right away. If they are as advertised, Manny will play them.

Advertisement
This is the kind of kid that makes people look at the program a bit different. Kids that weren’t looking at you will take notice and see what’s going on. I don’t think we land him because of all the things posted by everyone before, but man what a dream come true it would be.

Advertisement
jeff goldblum GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
A kid like this with LT makes this defense top five in the country. U need a DT like this for this scheme
The problem with that is the scheme doesn't usually allow tackles to shine. That's why gerald was so special. He literally did everything the system requires in occupying space etc and dominated inside of it(while being consistently doubled and chipped.

Advertisement
Back