1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Advertisement
shoot your shot

If we'd just win some **** games (and slip some cash) we'd win these battles more often than not IMO. Recruits always love the Miami scene but when it comes down to it they want success and a shot at the NFL and taking a step back that's not been in our favor.

I wish, but we still would be around 6 most likely. That shows you how highly UGA, Clemson, Bama, LSU, and OSU have been recruiting. That haul would be a huge step in the right direction though.
Thank you sir for answering my question like a gentleman and providing a factual answer.

Advertisement
Interesting we’ve made several 5* players as of late between Williams, Taylor, and Maason. We have to, HAVE TO, win and do so convincingly to land any of them. 10 wins, a great showing in the ACCCG, plus a W for a bowl game and I think we can land 2 of the 3.

Look i think the kid is legit interested. Focus on winning and let it play out. There’s already a good chance with a Taylor so take your shot with a kid that is legitimately interested.

Agreed Z, no sense not to take our shot. Things are aligning in the stars for Manuela, he best not fvck it up by throwing up 4 L’s for 2020. We need legit double digit victories, man things could really go bonkers if/when we do.

No free steaks anymore... JK but this would be amazing...landing him might be one of the best lands we've got in a long time. Could say the same about nesta minus culture and playing time when he first got here ... but anyways lets win and land this kid so he doesnt come here on vacation for a nice dinner one weekend

Advertisement
Boss moves this guy loves our attacking up field scheme the most, him and Taylor can be monster tackle for loss machines in this system

Boss moves this guy loves our attacking up field scheme the most, him and Taylor can be monster tackle for loss machines in this system
Haven’t watched film on him nor Taylor..idk how much these two would make plays across the LOS Consistently but them plugging a gap and blowing up a center or guard would allow that other Athletic DT (Blisset, hunt, Roberts etc) too really eat. A ken Norton type but probably more raw talent

Advertisement
Haven’t watched film on him nor Taylor..idk how much these two would make plays across the LOS Consistently but them plugging a gap and blowing up a center or guard would allow that other Athletic DT (Blisset, hunt, Roberts etc) too really eat. A ken Norton type but probably more raw talent

Smith is large enough to eat some space if he needed to but if by some miracle we land him and Taylor, they would both live in the backfield. Both possess above average interior pass rushing ability

I’ve had plenty of hot chicks say hi to me. And that’s about it.
There is probably something you could have said to them or done that would have increased your chances greatly. It's up to the coaches to keep on it and hopefully push the right buttons.

Agreed Z, no sense not to take our shot. Things are aligning in the stars for Manuela, he best not fvck it up by throwing up 4 L’s for 2020. We need legit double digit victories, man things could really go bonkers if/when we do.
Agree, we're on the doorstep of big time again.

Advertisement
Having a dream team of Taylor and Smith would create so much havoc up the middle it would force everything to the DE’s for cleanup, if they didn’t already get them. It would be a miracle tandem if we landed both, I think we’d shatter the TFL record For certain.

There is probably something you could have said to them or done that would have increased your chances greatly. It's up to the coaches to keep on it and hopefully push the right buttons.
Idk how long you’ve been following recruiting. But a top rated generational defensive tackle talent (from LA) that has been followed by LSU’s entire coaching staff since he was an 8th grader and after they just won the natty is about as impossible of a get as you can ever have. Elite defensive tackle recruiting is literally the top of the recruiting pyramid. Yes anything is possible in the universe and you start off by talking to the hottest chick in the club.
This is kid is way harder to land than Williams or Taylor or Marshall.
If manolo lands this guy just crown him the best recruiter in cfb. That would be putting a capital M in miracle.

Idk how long you’ve been following recruiting. But a top rated generational defensive tackle talent (from LA) that has been followed by LSU’s entire coaching staff since he was an 8th grader and after they just won the natty is about as impossible of a get as you can ever have. Elite defensive tackle recruiting is literally the top of the recruiting pyramid. Yes anything is possible in the universe and you start off by talking to the hottest chick in the club.
This is kid is way harder to land than Williams or Taylor or Marshall.
If manolo lands this guy just crown him the best recruiter in cfb. That would be putting a capital M in miracle.
Miami is on an upswing with recruiting, especially with the last class. When you add in the societal changes that are going on coupled with the financial incentives available to college athletes at Florida schools then you have a dynamic that hopefully the coaches can take advantage of. Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Back