1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Advertisement
I’m not buying a 5 star in the trenches who LSU wants coming here until I see it. Bags will massive.
Where the bags coming from?

lol economy is down.... oil is down big time....car dealerships aint selling hot like they usually do..

Will there be a bag? Of course.... will it be as big as they usually do to hold down this Gem recruit... debatable

Where the bags coming from?

lol economy is down.... oil is down big time....car dealerships aint selling hot like they usually do..

Will there be a bag? Of course.... will it be as big as they usually do to hold down this Gem recruit... debatable
I got a bridge to sell you if you think the bags won’t appear for 5 star stud prospects because the economy is down.

I got a bridge to sell you if you think the bags won’t appear for 5 star stud prospects because the economy is down.
Quite obvious you didn’t read my entire post... Obvious you keep your head in the sand during debates.

I said of course their will be a bag... I’m just saying will it be a sum that will easily make the decision to not even consider UM

Advertisement
Quite obvious you didn’t read my entire post... Obvious you keep your head in the sand during debates.

I said of course their will be a bag... I’m just saying will it be a sum that will easily make the decision to not even consider UM
Look, you believe what you want to believe. Kid has been a huge LSU lean the entire process. I’ll believe it when I see it. They’re coming off a national championship and he’s a local kid. I’m not banking on the economy being down as a reason for him coming here.

Look, you believe what you want to believe. Kid has been a huge LSU lean the entire process. I’ll believe it when I see it. They’re coming off a national championship and he’s a local kid. I’m not banking on the economy being down as a reason for him coming here.
Way to move the goal post when we were strictly talking bags.

No argument on them being the local team, coming off a Natty, and consistently putting Dline talent high in the league.

admit your wrong and pretend you have a ******* to do it.

Advertisement
Way to move the goal post when we were strictly talking bags.

No argument on them being the local team, coming off a Natty, and consistently putting Dline talent high in the league.

admit your wrong and pretend you have a ******* to do it.
I’m also not wrong. Your premise about bags being down because of the economy being down is also foolish. This **** happens in a bunch of different forms, it just isn’t straight up cash. You’re still wrong and ad hominem arguments don’t change that. SEC gonna SEC with the bags regardless.

This kid has given our coaches the blue print on how to recruit him.

We have the fun atmosphere hes looking for in a big city so expand on that once he gets to town. Show him all the glitz and glamor the city of Miami offers. No other city in his top 4 can remotely come close to this.

Id expand on his idea of wanting the coaches to want the best out of him buy selling the education that the university of Miami offers. This young man seems to have a good head on his shoulder, why not take advantage of that and use that to our advantage. Push having a degree from Miami is no joke and you will have to push your self if you choose to come to Miami. But also then sell him on the small class room sizes compared to a cookie cutter degree from those other schools. kid sou

I get it that we have been down for a decade but we still rank high on number of players in the league and we should sell the heck out of that. **** maybe even high light that fact. Tell him look we have been down for some time but even with that we still send loads of kids to the league. Put that little tidbit in the back of his mind.

As far as LSU talks to me every day, well coaches wake your *** up and send him a text every dam morning. Take a pic of something Miami that triggers that fun exciting Miami lifestyle. Again he told you he loves the Miami life style, well sell the ****t out of it to him.
ALSO SEND HIM A PIC OF OUR MOUNT RUSHMORE DT’S. THEN ASK HIM DOES THE OTHER SCHOOLS HAVE A LEGACY LIKE THIS.

SEND HIM THIS PIC ON A POST CARD.
FE20DEB0-112B-4B3F-A078-D4211A51F5DB.png

Advertisement
SEND HIM THIS PIC ON A POST CARD.View attachment 120567

I don’t mean to be that guy but I bet this kid doesn’t know who the majority of those players are. Until we can put players from this decade into these type of promo’s, we won’t be getting these elite players who everyone is bagging up for.

I love the fact that we're at the very least on his mind...

But no way in **** we pulling a 5-star DT from Houma after LSU just went undefeated winning a national championship in a historic season.

I've got no problem with the staff swinging away at it though.

Im donating for a group of Maason Smith AND Leonard Taylor at DT.

-Those 2 with Haye would be an incredible haul.

To go along with the previous group 2 classes a go. Ric Flair WHOOOOOOO!

Until we go all in on those trench monsters were going to have a hard time with elites like Clemson

Advertisement
I have no clue if we are a legit option here, but I would say, keep swinging. A DT class of Taylor/Haye is great. If Smith actually wants in later, then figure it out. But it’s not like we have our **** in our hand either way. This is how you recruit.

The games need to be played. It's dope that the coaches have UM on the brain of a lot of highly rated kids but it means nothing in July. I don't believe we get the kid regardless of how our season goes but if there are official visits in the fall and he takes one to UM that means that we're having a great season and with a little magic anything can happen. I wouldn't get to excited. If we get Leonard Taylor I'm beyond excited. If we somehow land Maason as well you won't find anyone happier to eat crow.

Advertisement
Back