1991 CANES - FSU

Advertisement
Sophomore year at UM. A bunch of us drove up for it. We were in that end zone where the kick was, in those old wooden bleachers they had.

I was at that game, had front row behind the fsu bench. Cops threatened to throw me and my two buddies out several times because we were screaming **** you seminoles every time that ******* stoopid chant started. Running up out of there through the sea of crying garnet was incredible. We ran to the endzone and climbed the fence to hang over and high five the players as they went back to the locker room. Was easily the best ending to a game I've ever been to.

Advertisement
Great game remember a group of us drinking a keg and grilling a bunch of chicken , when they missed that FG I jumped up and busted my knuckles on my metal garage door ,Ah Good Times!!!

All I know is- if Stephen McGuire had played under Butch Davis, especially the 99-00 teams- and the “Butch Effect” teams of 01-02, he would have been a 1400-1500 yd back- It’s a **** shame how much talent Erickson squandered, most glaringly at the RB position- because the same- and even more so - holds true for Larry Jones, Donnell Bennett, Danyell Ferguson, James Stewart- and ****- even Al Shipman.

Oh well - at least Butch got Ferguson a 1000 yard season in his first year coaching here- and he was heading for a second 1000 yard season when he blew out his hip at the wvu game. That was the epoch when Butch just grabbed the title of “tailback U” from the USC trojans and gave it to The Canes. Hopefully Manny Diaz can give us fans something similar.

Advertisement
I lived it all son you don't have to remind me.

Me too man. My dad was an insurance agent who filled in as an adjuster since people were waiting forever to get helped. Remember the neighborhoods full of leveled houses with the insurance company and policy number spray painted on whatever was left standing? I lived not only our own ****, but got to see a lot riding around with him. Lots of pain, but I don’t want those memories to ever fade. You can try to describe it to someone, but if they weren’t there, they can never really get it.

Advertisement
Back