1991 CANES - FSU

Advertisement
Wow, this makes me happy. Was a sophomore living in Eaton.. had a keg in the shower.. place went nuts on the missed kick When we won i threw my speakers up to the windows and played Rock You Like a Hurricane full tilt and blew the speakers by the first chorus. Seems like yesterday.

Advertisement
That was wide right 2.
LOL...you’re right. Yes, I remember Wide Right 1. I was so frustrated that I actually turned off the game, played Madden 92, then turned it back on for the 4th quarter.

People at Hecht went nuts after the win. Mattresses were thrown off of the building. One kid cut up his own hand punching a window.

I was there. We hadn’t even settled in when Tammerick Vannover put them up 6 on the opening kickoff. We came back, with Gino chunking it up and relying on Thomas and Copeland to haul it in.
Funnest day of my life. We were staying at the hilton because of Andrew, went to the game, and went to the U2 concert that same night at Joe Robbie.

Wide right one i was a Freshman in college sitting in the Fsu student section. We were walking out and once he missed i threw a coke in the stands and we took off running.

Advertisement
I remember, after the game, driving home on Old Cutler by Pinecrest, random cars honking like crazy with their hazards on, in celebration of the huge victory. I was 9 back then. Good old days. #1 vs. #2.

CANES beat the Semenoles in the famous Wide Right I game.

Was there. Sitting in the end zone, but on the left side of the uprights, so our view was not ideal. It was amazing to watch the fan reaction spread, it was like the wave, and within a few second seconds we figured out that the field goal had gone wide.

Incredible experience.

Advertisement
Was there. Sitting in the end zone, but on the left side of the uprights, so our view was not ideal. It was amazing to watch the fan reaction spread, it was like the wave, and within a few second seconds we figured out that the field goal had gone wide.

Incredible experience.

You and I were both there. Hurricane club seats.

I was at that game eye level with the line of scrimmage. I didn’t know he had missed it until The Ibis ran on the field.

That was wide right 2.
You sir are correct, this was Wide Right I. Wide Right I was is Tallahassee and was a brutal defensive struggle. Gino didn't have his best game but if he doesn't hit Hi C on 4th and 6 late in the game on an audible down to the FSU 2, the game was over. Canes trailed 16-10 and punched it in from there to take the 17-16 lead. The 4th down play was the biggest of the season and led to NC #4.

Going back to the 1989 game at FSU Sebastian (John Routh) was apprehended before the game! Those were some fun times.
1547908454651.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Yeah and the game in the OB where Gino threw that ball to Lamar was in 1992.

Advertisement
Back