1979 CANES-Penn State

Advertisement
Was in Happy Valley that weekend as I was dating a girl that went to Penn State and went to visit her. Couldn’t get a ticket to get in to the stadium so We ended up watching the game in her dorm. Heh.

Miami and Penn State both accepted me earlier that year. I picked Miami cause Marine Biology well before that game. Had no ideas there was football fun coming my way. And had no idea RSMAS was selling their 100ft research vessel either.

Advertisement
My brother #90 Tim Flanagan had a very good game that day!

Indeed he did.
He had made a key tackle late in the game, stopping State Penn RB on a toss sweep on 4th and short.
Tim Flanagan was a very good player for UM...He came in as part of that highly regarded class with Lester Williams, Brodsky, Richt, David Jefferson, Fred Marion, etc....what is he up to these days?

Weird cheerleaders for Penn State.

Really, a goofy school all-around....they made BYU fans look like edgy hood.
And they had this weird cultish thing going with JoePa.
They quoted him like he was their Messiah, lived life according to him and all that stuff.
I always avoided discussing football with most of the State Penn crowd saved a few who I knew to be normal.
They've kind of changed though after the scandal, at least with their under30 alums.

**** penn state. i hope state college gets hit by a tornado. id die in it too just to know those child molesting ***** got taken with me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back