'19 Norland DT Denzel Daxon Commits

I read somewhere that this is the kid's first year playing high school football. If true, you would never know it after looking at his film.

hes from The Bahamas..so yea

Again im going to try to reach out to him...and ill work out with him until its time to come to UM. He's already a plus size athlete.

Advertisement
Oh ya..he was the only kid to beat Deloine Scaife twice at Paradise camp. Went against each other 4 times he got 2 wins.

Scaife is an elite guy in pass pro. Scaife handled most locally and did his thing at opening as well. Shows the talent level of this kid...who is as raw as can be...

Welcome to The U

That makes 7 for the 19 class so far right?

DT Denzel Daxon
DT Renato Brown
DL Derick Hunter
DE Jesiah Pierre
OL Brandon Cunningham
LB Diamante Howard
WR Brieon Fuller(I guess)

Missing anyone?

Well he hasn’t committed yet. But we’re “missing” Sam Brooks. Beast class and he needs to headline it.

Advertisement
On the few highlights on HUDL can't block him one-on-one. Pushes his man into the backfield, like a metrorail reverse. On double teams, occupies two guys consistently,sometimes just breaks them. Only a few plays on some short videos, so don't know how he looked all game. The potential is there. Another year of high school against Dade competition then off to the U and the weight room. Should be a force in '20. Future is bright.

I read somewhere that this is the kid's first year playing high school football. If true, you would never know it after looking at his film.

Again im going to try to reach out to him...and ill work out with him until its time to come to UM. He's already a plus size athlete.
[MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION] what is your background? Have you coached DL in the past?

[MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION] what is your background? Have you coached DL in the past?

Played OL in college. Coach youth football, and the other staff members on my team played for our biggest rivals and played in the nfl and have a training program ..they played DL in the league.

They also call this kid.. "SUH"

Advertisement
On the few highlights on HUDL can't block him one-on-one. Pushes his man into the backfield, like a metrorail reverse. On double teams, occupies two guys consistently,sometimes just breaks them. Only a few plays on some short videos, so don't know how he looked all game. The potential is there. Another year of high school against Dade competition then off to the U and the weight room. Should be a force in '20. Future is bright.

They also call this kid.. "SUH" ..So the bolded is correct

Played OL in college. Coach youth football, and the other staff members on my team played for our biggest rivals and played in the nfl and have a training program ..they played DL in the league.

They also call this kid.. "SUH"

Nice...go coach that kid up!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami's DT legacy in unmatched by any team in cfb history. In fact it's not even close. Hopefully this kid can add to Miami's proud history of producing top flight DTs.

HOF: Cortez Kennedy, Warren Sapp (Jerome brown have been)

Pro Bowlers: Cortez Kennedy, Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp, Vince Wolford, Jim Burt, Russell Maryland, Mike Barnes and Al Carapella, Calais Campbell

Solid NFL Starters (Started 8 years or more) Rubin Carter, Eddie Edwards, Jimmie Jones, Kennard Lang, Damione Lewis, Gary Dunn

Numerous 1st Rd draft picks Don Latimer, Lester Williams, Willliam Joseph and Don Smith plus they guy above already mentioned.

Miami is #1 in all above categories by a wide margin.

Don’t need to leave the tri county area for DL recruits next year....he’s one of the reasons why.

https://www.diehards.com/miami/denzel-daxon-bahamas-miami-commit

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – There aren’t many opportunities for exposure to American football in the Bahamas. You can find flag football leagues around the country and the debut of the Bahamas Bowl in 2014 brought a handful of additional efforts to get kids playing tackle football. If you’re like Denzel Daxon, maybe you grew up watching some of the college games you got on television, usually featuring the Florida schools.

There’s an inherent ceiling to playing football in the Bahamas. Players with lofty gridiron ambitions have no choice but to come to the U.S. to get noticed.

“The day I met him,” said Michael Tunsil, who is Daxon’s guardian in South Florida, “he had on University of Miami slippers.

Something about the sport – and particularly Hurricanes – captured his attention. The 6-foot-3, 305-pound teenager knew he had the build it took to be good at the sport, even if there weren’t many chances for him to try it out back home.

In July, Daxon made a move. The soon-to-be high school junior picked up and moved by himself to Florida, hoping he could capture Miami’s attention.

It took less than three months. The Hurricanes offered Daxon a scholarship on Oct. 14. Seven days later, the defensive tackle became the seventh member of Miami’s Class of 2019. He verbally committed to the program Saturday.

“I always wanted to go to Miami, so getting an offer was a blessing,” Daxon told DieHards on Tuesday. “So I committed. There was no question about it.”

Advertisement
Back