18 class - 5*

This post should tell you all you need to know about ranking and stars. If not, look at the one with the top 100 from 2007 post. Thomas was a man among boys in the all star game, yet he is a 4*. Shaq, Pinkney, Joseph, Richards... all balled, none 5* It is not an exact science, and there seems to be a bias. Take it with a grain of salt.

Besides payola, you need the Bama model of recruiting (stacking chips as some on the board like to call it). Each class should be at least 25 players if not more, and deadwood should be cut each cycle. Stars help, but they are not the answer to building a successful team. That is where this class failed if anywhere. We have too many holes, yet we only signed 24 players. Don't get me wrong, on paper I like the class a lot, we just needed more bodies.

Getting players that fit the system, with the right attitude is just as important. Now, getting Blades, Jobe, Ivey... to commit and or stay committed through the process is important this cycle to set the tone (5* or not in the rankings, we know they are beasts and deserve it). The kids playing games has hurt us this year and in the past few years.

That's what separates the cranks from the ****s.

Advertisement
When was the last time we got a 5? Serious question

Chad thomas i believe and before that duke johnson and tracey howard

Folden croooting

I think Anthony Chickillo and Seantreal Henderson were both 5* as well.

I might be wrong though.

It all depends on the site, but our last 5 Stars on 247 were:

14 - Thomas
12 - Duke, Howard
11 - Chickillo
10 - Henderson
08 - Brown, Forston, Harris
06 - McCoy (although he was probably never actually coming)

We haven't had the best track record with 5 Stars recently, but it's a bit deflating to see we've only had 8 in the last 10 years. FSU got 4 this year, OSU got 5, and Alabama got 6.

Duke is probably the only one that lived up to his ranking, but all were good players and major contributors to the team. None were total busts.

Last edited:
When was the last time we got a 5? Serious question

Chad thomas i believe and before that duke johnson and tracey howard

Folden croooting

I think Anthony Chickillo and Seantreal Henderson were both 5* as well.

I might be wrong though.

It all depends on the site, but our last 5 Stars on 247 were:

14 - Thomas
12 - Duke, Howard
11 - Chickillo
10 - Henderson
08 - Brown, Forston, Harris
06 - McCoy (although he was probably never actually coming)

We haven't had the best track record with 5 Stars recently, but it's a bit deflating to see we've only had 8 in the last 10 years. FSU got 4 this year, OSU got 5, and Alabama got 6.

upvote

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back