18 class - 5*

Advertisement
you think Blades gets up to 5* ?

Yes.

Right now Rivals only has about 15 5-stars, and they almost always finish with around 30.

If Blades plays well, he will be a 5-star. Same with Asante Samuel. And Surtain is already a 5-star.

Also, aren't we recruiting Artur Sitkowski? He's sitting at 61. Let's say he does well at Elite 11, why couldn't he jump 30 or 40 spots?

Rivals has Mark Pope at 71. He could jump up.

Plus there are a ton of IMG Academy kids in the Rivals 100, and if we can just manage to crack that nut, we'd have plenty of shots at 5-stars.

Finally, let's not forget that 2 of Alabama's 5-stars are JuCos.

Lingard is easily a 5 star talent & we have as good a shot as anyone.

Brown needs to stay on him, but i like our chances here

Its almost to logical. Something assuredly will go amiss.

@Tweed wont let that happen

Exactly. Lots of negative forces against us with this kid.

only negative forces thus far are on this board and it ain't Tweed

Maybe I'm just shook from the past 15 years but I just don't see us landing this kid.

When Miami gets a high subscriber base to one of the big network sites again, sure...then theyll get five star players.

Advertisement
Its almost to logical. Something assuredly will go amiss.

@Tweed wont let that happen

Exactly. Lots of negative forces against us with this kid.

only negative forces thus far are on this board and it ain't Tweed

Maybe I'm just shook from the past 15 years but I just don't see us landing this kid.

Stop being shook. We lead for the kid because of Richt and Brown. Let this one play out, let's win 10 or 11 games, let's get to the ACC-CG, and then we can stop being scared of January recruiting.

If Jobe isn't a 5* then it's a joke. Him, Pope, and Frierson are all insanely underrated right now.

Give me any of those 3 over James "5*" Cook

Advertisement
KC McDermott was a 5 star by at least one of the services. Also, I think Yearby was the 21st best player overall by ESPN at one point.

Advertisement
Tyreke Johnson, Safety from trinity

There's no way we shouldn't have a legit shot at landing this guy

- his brother is an hour away

- There's a lot of playing time to be won

- We have about 6 guys from Jacksonville here, including his former teammate Derrick Smith

Na, we'll only recruit SoFLA DB's because that's the only way to win. By the time we strike out on them it'll be too late in his recruitment to land him. *sarcasm

Only way I want a 5 star is if there is a player I like at 5 stars. I'd rather have a Jeff Thomas than a 5 star wideout.

This^^^^^

Thomas is the best WR recruit I saw this year. The film does not lie.

Jeudy is also a top prospect but he didn't look nearly as explosive on film or during the UA game.

Advertisement
This post should tell you all you need to know about ranking and stars. If not, look at the one with the top 100 from 2007 post. Thomas was a man among boys in the all star game, yet he is a 4*. Shaq, Pinkney, Joseph, Richards... all balled, none 5* It is not an exact science, and there seems to be a bias. Take it with a grain of salt.

Besides payola, you need the Bama model of recruiting (stacking chips as some on the board like to call it). Each class should be at least 25 players if not more, and deadwood should be cut each cycle. Stars help, but they are not the answer to building a successful team. That is where this class failed if anywhere. We have too many holes, yet we only signed 24 players. Don't get me wrong, on paper I like the class a lot, we just needed more bodies.

Getting players that fit the system, with the right attitude is just as important. Now, getting Blades, Jobe, Ivey... to commit and or stay committed through the process is important this cycle to set the tone (5* or not in the rankings, we know they are beasts and deserve it). The kids playing games has hurt us this year and in the past few years.

Jobe. Although not playing his Sr year will hurt his ranking.

jobe has the talent and size to be great. fully expect him to start early in his career. will replace some of the shorter cb's who may play next year by default.

Advertisement
Back