-18.5 vs clemson

Attachments

  • IMG_3023.png
    IMG_3023.png
    346 KB · Views: 0
Down Across all the books too so sharp money coming in on Clemson as expected.

14.5 at Hard Rock right now

Wonder how close it gets to 10 before kickoff

I get it but I don't know man. I watched some of the Clemson games and unless the line is moving because of weather I don't think I disagree with the 3 score thing.

You watch that UNC game and they were a couple plays away from getting really blown out. End of the first and middle of the second UNC had the ball in the red zone and got 3 points out of both drives. It could have easily been 28-6 going into the half, which is absolutely insane.

If Miami plays well and doesn't make dumb mistakes I could see this thing getting ugly. Especially if Miami jumps out early and Clemson is forced to pass. A 40-13 score wouldn't shock me.
 
They have one of the best CB tandems in CFB.

Ashton Hampton has been one of the top 5 best Lockdown Corners all season & has played himself into a 1st round grade.

Elliott Washington is a good Zone cover corner with Ballhawking ability.

They match up well on the Outside vs Barkate & Upshaw. We have the advantage obviously in the Slot with Toney vs Corian Gipson. However, they will cover the Slot by committee with Ronan Hanafin, Gipson & Corey Myrick.

The passing game for us will come down to our WR's being able to win one on one. I think we need to spread the ball around & utilize Van Jacobs early on in underneath Drag routes to open up the rest of the field.

They’re going to sit back in 2-High & play Man on the Outside, while bringing pressure through the A&B gaps with their LB's. A quick passing attack makes everything else easier.

They're going to sell out to stop the Inside Zone runs & try to make us throw Deep. The intermediate passing game is where we can break open their Defense by attacking the seams at the hashes. Hence why having a receiving TE would be perfect for this game, but I digress.

It'll be the first challenge for Barkate & Upshaw given they haven't faced a CB duo of this caliber yet. Clemson & Stanford's Defenses are in two totally different Solar Systems, they're not even close. If they can prove to win those matchups then the field will be wide open.

What I'm watching for most in the 1st half is how they gameplan against Toney. We've put on film in the first 4 games that we pretty much have a Toney quota that we feed him early & often. He gets more passes on 1st down than any other WR in CFB, so if you're a DC, it's kinda hard not to see that on film, the question becomes what can they do about it? So far, the answer has been a resounding NOTHING. I'm just curious to see which DC is going to craft a gameplan into slowing him down, where they commit to not letting Toney beat them & just live with the other WR's having the opportunity.

I already made my prediction, we win 38-13 by my view. So as long as we don't play right into their hands.
 
Back
Top