-18.5 vs clemson

Short report I just read echoes what I thought.

Line opened -18.5, public is all over Miami, and the sharps hammered Clemson.

Line has dropped from -18.5 to -16.5 despite 74% of the bets at Draftkings being on Miami, and 75% of the bets at Circa being on Miami.

Problem is, at DK, only 40% of the money is on Miami (60% on Clemson). At Circa, 42% of the money is on Miami (58% on Clemson).

So what's that tell you? The squares betting from their toilet on the app are putting $15 on Miami, but the sharps at the window are throwing thousands on Clemson.

Very, very similar set-up to Wake. Exactly, actually. Just a few points difference. That one opened low 20's, got bet up a little, then got hammered down by sharps and I think closed at -19.5 And we didn't cover.

I expect the same thing will happen here. It already has, to some extent. It moved through 17, which is a key number. I wouldn't be shocked if this one closed closer to -14 by kickoff. Especially if the weather gets worse.
 
Special teams, maybe. Have our coverage units stunk? I know we haven't played anyone as dynamic as Wesco, but we've had 2 punts returned in 3 FBS games, for a total of 14 yards. We've had 3 kickoffs returned for an 18 yard average. I'm not sure I'm losing sleep over that one, although our special teams in general, are, well, special, so I get it.
I think in regards to special teams, Wake wr had clear field multiple times and had huge returns and almost housed it with TERRIBLE coverage and easily broken tackles.. couple penalties that were off screen wiped those plays from the stat sheet but Dabo even mentioned it in his presser.. Coverage team leaves alot to desire, had a kick blocked and we seem to get penalties as much as returns.. Our specials are not elite.
 
Short report I just read echoes what I thought.

Line opened -18.5, public is all over Miami, and the sharps hammered Clemson.

Line has dropped from -18.5 to -16.5 despite 74% of the bets at Draftkings being on Miami, and 75% of the bets at Circa being on Miami.

Problem is, at DK, only 40% of the money is on Miami (60% on Clemson). At Circa, 42% of the money is on Miami (58% on Clemson).

So what's that tell you? The squares betting from their toilet on the app are putting $15 on Miami, but the sharps at the window are throwing thousands on Clemson.

Very, very similar set-up to Wake. Exactly, actually. Just a few points difference. That one opened low 20's, got bet up a little, then got hammered down by sharps and I think closed at -19.5 And we didn't cover.

I expect the same thing will happen here. It already has, to some extent. It moved through 17, which is a key number. I wouldn't be shocked if this one closed closer to -14 by kickoff. Especially if the weather gets worse.

18.5 was always nuts. I’d be beyond happy with a 2 score win especially if the weather is rough.
 
Back
Top