16 votes?

capefearcane

Band
Banned
SIAP Miami got 16 votes in USA Today pre-season poll? Noles top 10, Clumpson 12, GT in there as well.

Howany votes did Goldie get?

Advertisement
Canes haven't proven anything yet so why would anyone put them in a pre-season poll? And I could give 2 sh*ts about a pre-season poll. I cares about the end of the season polls. Oh, was this thread just a cleaver way to post something so that you could get in a jab on Golden? It's about time someone posted something negative about Golden. I've been waiting months for someone to do that! Very original. Good job!

Canes haven't proven anything yet so why would anyone put them in a pre-season poll? And I could give 2 sh*ts about a pre-season poll. I cares about the end of the season polls. Oh, was this thread just a cleaver way to post something so that you could get in a jab on Golden? It's about time someone posted something negative about Golden. I've been waiting months for someone to do that! Very original. Good job!

How many teams have went on to play for the national title after starting the season unranked? I can think of one.

How many teams have went on to play for the national title after starting the season unranked? I can think of one.

2 teams have WON the National Title after starting the season unranked. Without doing research, I would imagine more than 2 have PLAYED in a national title game after starting the season unranked.

Advertisement
So if you're keeping score at home, since 1998, only eight teams have cracked the AP Top 4 while starting the season unranked in the preseason. Only two (2002 Iowa and 2013 Auburn) cracked the Top 4 without even getting any votes in the preseason AP Poll. Teams rising out from beyond the Top 25 is slightly more common now, with five of the teams happening since 2009, but it's still pretty rare.
Yeah ***** those preseason polls.

See this sets up AL for another year....the media knows he sucks and Blake will use this as an excuse when we win 5 or 6 games that even the media and other coaches know Miami is still hurting from them god awful sanctions..

if you just flipped urban or any coach at this point we would have been in the top 20 for sure.......this is all on AL and the MEDIA does Get it HE CANT WIN AT CFB

Advertisement
There was a tweet put out yesterday saying: great news, the canes received votes in the coaches poll. I'm not sure if it was Blake or one of his flunkies celebrating.

This asinine damned program makes me sick, from the admins, to the BOT, to the Mickey Mouse AD, and to the inept and clueless coaches, especially Golden and OH NO Frio. The fact that things absolutely DON'T have to be this way is just so infuriating. Why the **** are we getting 16 votes in some preseason poll when we will struggle to win four damned games with this crew? My guess is that Blake and Goldie managed to vote in this thing 8 times each, because no other SANE person would do so.

4-8 and detonate! I've seen fire drills in a booby hatch run better than this mess of a football program!

Last edited:
This asinine damned program makes me sick, from the admins, to the BOT, to the Mickey Mouse AD, and to the inept and clueless coaches, especially Golden and OH NO Frio. The fact that things absolutely DON'T have to be this way is just so infuriating. Why the **** are we getting 16 votes in some preseason poll when we will struggle to win four damned games with this crew? My guess is that Blake and Goldie managed to vote in this thing 8 times each, because no other SANE person would do so.

4-8 and detonate! I've seen fire drills in a booby hatch run better than this mess of a football program!
Love your handle. Sez it all quick.

Advertisement

Love your handle. Sez it all quick.

Yes it does, doesn't it? Wish I could change it, but it doesn't look like I will be anytime soon.

Guess who we tied with at 16 votes? Charlie Strong's Texas Longhorns. Wonder who will have the better record at the end of the year?

Advertisement
Niner is back? I thought that guy killed himself after talking all kinds of **** before last seasons UL game.

Hows the Golden road to mediocrity looking?

Some of you are going to be disappointed when Golden actually shows success this year. Team should win the coastal. There is enough talent and Golden will coach like his job is on the line. Just watch. I still think he is not the right guy but some of you and media are setting the bar way too low.

Advertisement
Back