15 for '15: Coordinators Ready to be CFB HCs

Advertisement
Wait, how can not one coach from Al's staff not be on that list. Com'on, really. He wrote the book on this stuff.

Advertisement
The sad part is that in a few years, we are going to look back at this list and probably kick ourselves for not hiring one of these guys.

Could probably get Tuberville and bring Gran along with him as OC. I could live with that. Gran is a great offensive mind with Miami ties and Tuberville has a good defensive background, although it hasn't really shown up at UC yet.

No doubt that they, along with a decent DC could keep some talent home and put them in a position to succeed. Although it wouldn't be my first choice I wouldn't complain. It's better than Al.

Advertisement
nice to talk about next coach...... we need change at top with Blake going out the door with Al
hire a top notch AD and let him make call....

I liked most of that list a lot. I give the author credit for recognizing guys, like the Minnesota OC, who have been doing a very good job, but not in a high profile way or place. I also think the list is a bit Nebraska heavy, but I have no idea if there is some bias there or not.

As to Gran. Lots of smoke around him at one point, particularly as to alleged recruiting tactics and tools. But maybe that was just sour grapes.

As to the Tubby/Gran combo mentioned above...no. Tommy 10-15 years ago? I'm interested. Now, nope. I am starting to really believe the idea that Miami is a "young" coach's job, one with the goal of moving on to the NFL. But it is unique in that that young coach must be able to recruit and control U type players almost immediately. I say unique because, when we are really good, our teams and players just aren't like anyone else.

So I say watch Herman at Houston (not on the list, but probably was if there was such a list last year). There is a very interesting cat.

Advertisement
I would love to be in a position where posters would be mocked for even suggesting that we hire an assistant from another program to head ours. One can dream I guess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back