15 - 17, best finish was tied for 3rd in the Coastal twice..

I remember being happy when the scandel broke out in UNC because I was worried about what that 2010 team was about to do to the ACC.

Advertisement
he developed al those players. its like your proving a point against yourself. this is the dumbest thread ive ever read since being a member here.

The two years before butch 5-19. Butch had three years at UNC. His last year doesn't count as everyone was suspended. So 8 wins was a huge improvement for them but because he was such a good recruiter it felt like a disappointment in 2009. However, we've seen here personally sometimes really talented teams have a tough year before they take off. Jimmy lost five games with a talented team then they took off. Butch had tough losses in 1999 with a talented team but we already know what happened after that.

Judging a guy with three seasons at a team that won 3 games for years before he got there is stupid. Look at the whole piece of work. That includes a super bowl, creating the best team of all time, taking the browns to the playoffs, and saving our team from death in the 90's.

If it wasn't for Butch, we'd be a bottom feeder. We would have never recovered from the sanctions in 1995 and without the success of the 2000's we wouldn't even be remembered enough to get recruits now.

Butch should be in the UM Hall of Fame for sure. He accomplished a ton here, and I personally revere the guy. I also revere JJ and Howard, and wouldn't hire them right now b/c that time has past. Most coaching careers have an arc. Even the best ones. I'd rather hire the guy who is at his apex than the guy who was at his apex 15 years ago.

I think I've liked every one of your posts in the last couple days. Keep posting please.

Advertisement
trolls. close thread & stop this nonsense. this is like the 4th thread about this same thing.

Why? Because you don't like a few facts flying in your face?

He assembled the greatest college football team ever. Only fact I need.

Ok and Jimmy Johnson won a National Title and 2 Superbowls......should we hire him? If not, why?

yep id gladly take JJ back.

trolls. close thread & stop this nonsense. this is like the 4th thread about this same thing.

Ok and Jimmy Johnson won a National Title and 2 Superbowls......should we hire him? If not, why?

If Jimmy Johnson wanted the job and wanted to win, then **** yeah we should, However, Jimmy wants to fish and drink ****tails on his boat. Butch Davis wants to coach and win a national championship. Different story.

Im all for Herman or Fuente don't get me wrong but don't try and compare Butch at Unc with what Butch can do here. Its ridiculous.

If Jimmy Johnson wanted the job and wanted to win, then **** yeah we should, However, Jimmy wants to fish and drink ****tails on his boat. Butch Davis wants to coach and win a national championship. Different story.

hahahaha and this is what everyone should be aware of. That people actually think it would be a good idea to bring JJ back. lmfao I can't help some of you people I really can't.

Advertisement

hahahaha and this is what everyone should be aware of. That people actually think it would be a good idea to bring JJ back. lmfao I can't help some of you people I really can't.

so who would you like to see us hire?

Who cares what he did at UNC, as long he can win here.

JJ didn't dominate at OSU, Dennis struggled everywhere else except Miami. As long as he's proven he can win at Miami I don't see why it matters.

So the fact that he made UNC relevant in football, had them competing in games with a bunch of first rounders doesn't mean anything?
Again, NORTH CAROLINA?? Butch even freaking beat us 3 out of 4 times while he was there! With the players HE chose and the players HE developed.

I have a few friends from North Carolina who even today still say "We want Butch back".

I don't want to hear people use caveats like "at a non football powerhouse" or "he beat us".

The time to bring back butch was in 2006. More than half the fan base then didn't like that idea b/c "of the way he snuck out on us wahhh wahhh".

Why not? UNC was horrendous in football before he got there. So he gets there and all of sudden, more wins and drafted players galore.
And yes, HIS recruiting of the players HE got beat OUR south Florida players 3 out of 4 times. Not to mention he came down here and stole Gio Bernard from our backyard.

The man knows how to recruit, develop and get those players playing like savages on the field.

He is the perfect quick-fix solution for us today.

People forget that UNC was a darkhorse to win the National Title had the NCAA not suspended almost their entire defense for the season.

He did this at UNC.

Not Miami

NORTH CAROLINA

Advertisement

Let's see off the top of my head:

Chip Kelly (yes, he will be fired at season's end), Tom Herman, Chuck Pagano, Justin Fuente, Hue Jackson. In that order.

We have 4 million to play with. No reason why we can't offer and reel in one of them.

So the fact that he made UNC relevant in football, had them competing in games with a bunch of first rounders doesn't mean anything?
Again, NORTH CAROLINA?? Butch even freaking beat us 3 out of 4 times while he was there! With the players HE chose and the players HE developed.

I have a few friends from North Carolina who even today still say "We want Butch back".

I don't want to hear people use caveats like "at a non football powerhouse" or "he beat us".

The time to bring back butch was in 2006. More than half the fan base then didn't like that idea b/c "of the way he snuck out on us wahhh wahhh".

Why not? UNC was horrendous in football before he got there. So he gets there and all of sudden, more wins and drafted players galore.
And yes, HIS recruiting of the players HE got beat OUR south Florida players 3 out of 4 times. Not to mention he came down here and stole Gio Bernard from our backyard.

The man knows how to recruit, develop and get those players playing like savages on the field.

B/C you can use this logic to justify a ton of coaches. For example, Al Golden. Or Mike Leech.

Most of the NFL players got drafted at UNC b/c of what Butch did at Miami. The UNC NFL players list is a whose who of jags and busts.

Chip Kelly (yes, he will be fired at season's end), Tom Herman, Chuck Pagano, Justin Fuente, Hue Jackson. In that order.

We have 4 million to play with. No reason why we can't offer and reel in one of them.

Jesus Christ. Thank God you are not a member of the BOT.

Advertisement

very respectable list I'd be happy with all of the above. I don't think Chip will be fired personally but he's obviously the slam dunk hire. I guess im just a sucker for the past and also after hearing Butchs interview saying he wil have young hungry coaches waiting in the wings really sold me yesterday even more so.

Well, because he's retired and has no interest in coaching.....

B/C you can use this logic to justify a ton of coaches. For example, Al Golden. Or Mike Leech.

Most of the NFL players got drafted at UNC b/c of what Butch did at Miami. The UNC NFL players list is a whose who of jags and busts.

Coples? H. Nicks? Gio Bernard? Not busts to me.

Al Golden has never been responsible for assembling the greatest team in college football history. His BEST accomplishment was winning 9 games in ONE season at Temple...who by the way, are 7-0 and ranked today. So gee, they were sure better off without him.

When Butch left UNC, they have never been the same again. They are actually starting to win this year somewhat but nowhere near the talent level he had brought into that program when he was there. Numerous first rounders in a program like UNC is not easy.

Mike Leach never won anything in Texas Tech, and the reason why he doesn't get offered by any major school is because he is just an offensive guru and nothing else. His teams have always had to score 45+ pts to win a game and still is the case today at Washington St.

There must be a reason that Butch has the vote of majority of the fans and especially the ex-players. They all know what he is capable of.
I would be willing to bet that with our same roster, he accomplishes AT LEAST 9 wins in his first year.

People forget that UNC was a darkhorse to win the National Title had the NCAA not suspended almost their entire defense for the season.

He did this at UNC.

Not Miami

NORTH CAROLINA

This ^

That entire defensive side were NFL prospects lmao

Advertisement
Back