With Gregory it started out as just weed, but then grew into a Promethazine & Codeine issue.

And I only said Randy Gregory without the weed because I didn't want anyone to get hung up on his off the field issues when I made the comparison because Jabari is the exact opposite of him off the field. I was just making a comparison in terms of play style & physical frame.

But you're right it wasn't the weed that messed up Gregory, it was his own self, he just not that committed to being great. There are several players currently in the league now who are big time smokers & still are All-pro's & have never got suspended for it.

Failing a weed test in the NFL is really really hard to do because they literally tell you beforehand when they're going to test you lol, you have to try hard or just be a flat out dummy to **** dirty lol.
Gregory has fought anxiety and depression for the last 10 years. Of course, he is accountable for his actions but this isn’t about him wanting to be great. He has asked for help, he recognizes there is a problem, but the NFL has failed him. Suspend him, sure, you need to send the message, but to keep him from the team? The people who know and love him and are trying to get him the help he requires? That is an antiquated style that is wrong in this day and age. Jerry Jones has his flaws, but he has given Gregory contract extensions KNOWING he wouldn’t play. Why? Because he knows that Gregory needs help.

Advertisement
Dude got fired at every program he was at almost immediately after being there for a season.

If you can't recruit at Utah & program that is actually a destination point for Cali, Utah, Nevada kids etc, then there was no way he was going to survive in South Fl.
It was that simple. You just need to know college football. Most of these dudes only follow UM, and they do that casually. So they saw some name they remembered being a good college player and assumed that means he's a great coach.

It was that simple. You just need to know college football. Most of these dudes only follow UM, and they do that casually. So they saw some name they remembered being a good college player and assumed that means he's a great coach.

I think a lot of people wanted to like Stubblefield because they were coming out of an abusive relationship with Dugans.

Advertisement
Jabari is going to ball out for the Canes come his RS Sophomore season. No reason for him to play in more than 4 games in 2020. Let him gain some weight and strength with Feeley. He’s going to produce as a nice DE in Manny’s system.

Jabari is going to ball out for the Canes come his RS Sophomore season. No reason for him to play in more than 4 games in 2020. Let him gain some weight and strength with Feeley. He’s going to produce as a nice DE in Manny’s system.

Redshirt , I doubt he steps on the field until rs Fr year at the earliest. Just like cam, size and strength are needed. Cam should be able to roll this year.

Advertisement
We know those guys are going to have ALL of the bag schools after them. Do you think it is realistic to think they will stay home or will it be another Dallas Turner situation? It seems like Turner never even really got discussed on the board bc it was a foregone conclusion he was out.

What? Did you just suggest that a top 200 player in the country who could go to school almost anywhere he wants walk on?
The point I'd imagine he's making is since his father is on staff then his son can come to school for FREE. if Manny knows what he's doing this kid will ABSOLUTELY BE A PREFERRED WALK ON. chess not checkers but parchisi is out there too.

The point I'd imagine he's making is since his father is on staff then his son can come to school for FREE. if Manny knows what he's doing this kid will ABSOLUTELY BE A PREFERRED WALK ON. chess not checkers but parchisi is out there too.
D c’mon, you know that would’ve been a slap to him and his fathers face. You know that.

Advertisement
D c’mon, you know that would’ve been a slap to him and his fathers face. You know that.
Don’t disagree but what if you offered the dad a $50k a year raise to go along with the PWO/scholarship from his employment? Not to say the school would do that but just a hypothetical.

We know those guys are going to have ALL of the bag schools after them. Do you think it is realistic to think they will stay home or will it be another Dallas Turner situation? It seems like Turner never even really got discussed on the board bc it was a foregone conclusion he was out.
We'll get our fair share, can't keep'em all home, but we'll get 2 really good ones.

Francois Nolton Jr is about as close to a Cane lock as you can get, he loves Miami.

Kenyatta Jackson will be a battle with Oh St, PSU & a few others but I like our chances with him being at Nade.

As of now Shemar Stewart looks like a big bag SEC kid, however, if we have a good season, Rousseau has another double digit sack season & is projected to be drafted in the 1st round & the fact we can now essentially pay players for their image & likeness we can maybe put together a comprehensive marketing strategy with a luxury car dealership to keep him interested & we'll see if we have a shot. But he's going to be the most sought after DE in the nation next year, kid is a Jason Pierre-Paul clone & will have LSU, Bama, UGA, Clemson all after him like crazy.

We'll recruit him to the end no matter where he gives his early verbal.

Either way, we're landing 2 4-star Blue chip DE's next year without question.

I'm not suggesting you TELL him that's how he can come. Knowing his interest though you offer the kid than explain to him how much he's helping the program and giving us an extra scholarship by accepting the walk on spot. It just helps the overall talent level of the team if he accepts. If he doesn't than no harm no foul you just give the kid his ship. For him personally with his situation there isn't much difference from one to the other. However knowing how his old boy is than I'd imagine the kid embraces the team concept. As a beast you wanna be surrounded by other beasts. That's just a small way he can help that process out. Just explain to the kid the options and the differences to them. Manny's shown he'll play walk ons over scholarship players anyhow. Just ask ragone. By the way both Jimmy and Butch used to employ these tactics without the benefit of having a family member on staff to make tuition free...

Advertisement
We'll get our fair share, can't keep'em all home, but we'll get 2 really good ones.

Francois Nolton Jr is about as close to a Cane lock as you can get, he loves Miami.

Kenyatta Jackson will be a battle with Oh St, PSU & a few others but I like our chances with him being at Nade.

As of now Shemar Stewart looks like a big bag SEC kid, however, if we have a good season, Rousseau has another double digit sack season & is projected to be drafted in the 1st round & the fact we can now essentially pay players for their image & likeness we can maybe put together a comprehensive marketing strategy with a luxury car dealership to keep him interested & we'll see if we have a shot. But he's going to be the most sought after DE in the nation next year, kid is a Jason Pierre-Paul clone & will have LSU, Bama, UGA, Clemson all after him like crazy.

Appreciate the knowledge and detailed answer as always.

I remember you and me a hand full of others were on this early. It was a terrible hire second only to maybe Barry. There was absolutely no track record to speak of
Bad hires but good decisions to cut ties so early. A 1st time head coach will struggle to find the right staff as they don’t have a deep well of assistants that they can pull back in and put the band together again. Manny basically gave guys 1 year tryouts and some failed; stubblefield, berry and Enos, and some didn’t. I recognize the jury is still out on Baker and maybe 1-2 others but surely they see that one more underperforming year and Manny will move on. Richt was loyal, Golden was loyal; to a fault. Loyalty is important but not more so than winning when your entire job grade is determined by wins and losses.

2022 should be the best DE class in South Florida history.

Advertisement
Back