LA tech talent was very close to ours last season. If you have a team full of high end elite talent you will always be successful. Last year we didn't have elite talent so we needed Xs and Os
We havent had elite talent for more than a decade, so stop with that. We need an Xs and OS coach first, which is what we fans have been praying for.

Advertisement
Not as thick build as Cam, Cam has broader shoulders & his lower body was more developed coming out of Nade.

Jabari still has his Basketball body, he's got that crazy wingspan, natural quickness & he's a smooth fluid runner, they used him on Kickoff coverage at Columbus & stood him up at OLB too.

He's not as freakish as Rousseau, but he has similar physical traits. He's gonna need his techniques refined & learn to be more aggress with his hand fighting skills & obviously with his pops being a Strength Coach he & Feeley will get him right & add muscle to his frame.

He's got that Randy Gregory without the Weed type of upside. You redshirt'em, get him up to 230-240lbs & allow him to be a dynamic Weak-side DE that can also play Viper as a standup rusher. He'll play his best ball by his Red Soph/Junior year. I don't think he'll be a kid that hits the ground running from day one.
How dare you insult weed by blaming it for Gregory’s issues.
but in all seriousness, Gregory must have more going on than weed for the NFL to keep suspending him. I don’t think they come down very hard on weed anymore. I’m putting my money on powder or molly.

How dare you insult weed by blaming it for Gregory’s issues.
but in all seriousness, Gregory must have more going on than weed for the NFL to keep suspending him. I don’t think they come down very hard on weed anymore. I’m putting my money on powder or molly.
With Gregory it started out as just weed, but then grew into a Promethazine & Codeine issue.

And I only said Randy Gregory without the weed because I didn't want anyone to get hung up on his off the field issues when I made the comparison because Jabari is the exact opposite of him off the field. I was just making a comparison in terms of play style & physical frame.

But you're right it wasn't the weed that messed up Gregory, it was his own self, he just not that committed to being great. There are several players currently in the league now who are big time smokers & still are All-pro's & have never got suspended for it.

Failing a weed test in the NFL is really really hard to do because they literally tell you beforehand when they're going to test you lol, you have to try hard or just be a flat out dummy to **** dirty lol.

Leonard Taylor youre next
Kevin+Bacon.gif

After next month, the Stroud doubters gonna have to learn to listen to ya boy when I tell yall a coach is a beast.

Just like when I told yall Stubbsy was gonna be a tragedy if we didn't get rid of him, I called from day 1 that Stroud would light it up here.

But wait until the 2022 class, our DL haul next year will be astronomical.
tenor.gif

Advertisement
With Gregory it started out as just weed, but then grew into a Promethazine & Codeine issue.

And I only said Randy Gregory without the weed because I didn't want anyone to get hung up on his off the field issues when I made the comparison because Jabari is the exact opposite of him off the field. I was just making a comparison in terms of play style & physical frame.

But you're right it wasn't the weed that messed up Gregory, it was his own self, he just not that committed to being great. There are several players currently in the league now who are big time smokers & still are All-pro's & have never got suspended for it.

Failing a weed test in the NFL is really really hard to do because they literally tell you beforehand when they're going to test you lol, you have to try hard or just be a flat out dummy to **** dirty lol.
i had friends who used to smoke with a certain Falcons QB from Vtech...before games. And when I asked about the testing policy they explained what you did. The test is on a specific day during training camp. Pass it and you’re good for the year. my friends also took the position that the QB was the equivalent of “too big to fail” for the NFL.
So knowing The date and failing the test is bad enough for weed, which at least has a 4-5 week period in which it can still be detected in the body. Now consider cocaine and other drugs which are typically undetectable after 2-7 days, and still testing positive. That’s an addict!

After next month, the Stroud doubters gonna have to learn to listen to ya boy when I tell yall a coach is a beast.

Just like when I told yall Stubbsy was gonna be a tragedy if we didn't get rid of him, I called from day 1 that Stroud would light it up here.

But wait until the 2022 class, our DL haul next year will be astronomical.
Why was Stubbs so bad?

We havent had elite talent for more than a decade, so stop with that. We need an Xs and OS coach first, which is what we fans have been praying for.
I never said we did... In fact I said the opposite. We didn't have elite talent so we needed Xs and Os. Even LA Tech was close to the same level of talent with us last season. If you're a far physically and athletically dominant team then even with Sub par play calling you should be able to dominate the opposing team at the line of scrimmage and win pretty easy. We couldn't do that with LA tech at all

Advertisement
This is what caught my eye. It's very rare to see a 6'5 kid play like that, especially on a state championship defense.

The Columbus coaches say good things. Everybody loves the upside.

That's probably why his sack numbers were so low, right?

Man he’s really the king of the off-season

Manny best case is Ed o and he out recruits his coaching

worst case he’s Ron zook and leaves the next guy a stacked cupboard
Manny isn’t a bad coach he’s a green coach. It’s not as common as you think for a first time head coach to hit the ground running. When he turns the corner (if he buys himself that much time) he’ll be a great HC. Him being relentless recruiting is just a great bonus thus far

Advertisement
@dsddcane was the first to tell you guys about Stubbs. He must be shaking his head about that topic in this thread.
Actually, me and El were the first to **** on the Stumblebum hire. It was an obviously horrible hire to anyone who pays close attention to college football. There was nothing that pointed to it being a good hire.

Actually, me and El were the first to **** on the Stumblebum hire. It was an obviously horrible hire to anyone who pays close attention to college football. There was nothing that pointed to it being a good hire.

Based on his countless schools on his resume, yes. Brooklyn highlighted the awkward personality and pointed how Douglas was missed.

Advertisement
Never was a fan of Stubbs, glad he’s no longer a coach for the U. If he was pushed out, wakes out, tripped, I don’t care. Let Pedo St worry about him moving forward. Likens is going to vastly out Coach and our recruit him it will be night and day the difference. Play the WR kids are going to flourish in Lashlee’s offense it will help us to continually recruit at a high level at the position

Welcome to the U big fella! That pic of him as a kid decked out in canes gear is what it’s all about. Fulfilling your childhood dream based off hard work.

Dude got fired at every program he was at almost immediately after being there for a season.

If you can't recruit at Utah & program that is actually a destination point for Cali, Utah, Nevada kids etc, then there was no way he was going to survive in South Fl.

Dude got fired at every program he was at almost immediately after being there for a season.

If you can't recruit at Utah & program that is actually a destination point for Cali, Utah, Nevada kids etc, then there was no way he was going to survive in South Fl.

I remember you and me a hand full of others were on this early. It was a terrible hire second only to maybe Barry. There was absolutely no track record to speak of

Advertisement
Back