Columbus? Drama for sure lol just based on recent recruitments with them. But this kid is talented
Can't imagine anyone having influence over this kid than his father. His father may be hands off, but he certainly wouldn't allow anyone else to influence his decision.

Advertisement
Can't imagine anyone having influence over this kid than his father. His father may be hands off, but he certainly wouldn't allow anyone else to influence his decision.
This in regards to ismael? I think I posted That before I knew His father worked at Miami

It is essentially a week away. The locals may not want it to happen but it is too much revenue for the keys to turn down. I was a little worried a month ago when islanmorda requested it to be canceled, but at this point it is too late to cancel and mini season is probably happening. The locals complain every year anyway about taking all the lobsters so it is nothing new.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami (Fla.) Columbus High School DE Jabari Ishmael wanted to experience recruiting in the same way he had seen other recruits enjoy it through the years.

He planned a visit to Oregon where a Miami Columbus alumnus, Mario Cristobal, is the head coach. He wanted to visit Florida State and Florida and make his way to Notre Dame, Indiana, and Michigan. He had more than 20 offers.

Miami? Ishmael literally has grown up at Miami. His father, Victor Ishmael, is entering his 17th year as Miami’s assistant strength and conditioning coach.

So yeah the Hurricanes have had an advantage here from Day 1. The coronavirus, which has now kept Ishmael from taking visits, has only enhanced it.

Now Ishmael is ready to just get everything over with and will make his announcement at 6 p.m. Friday on Instagram. In the end, he is picking between Miami and Oregon. Cristobal and staff recently gave him a virtual tour of their facilities and campus.

"I have had it in my head for weeks now, " Ishmael said. "So figured I might as well go ahead and do it.

"It has been frustrating not to be able to take visits. But I just don't want to wait anymore."

Obviously the accelerated pace of Ishmael's announcement could be good news for Miami, which has had defensive line coach Todd Stroud working overtime to secure Ishmael's commitment.

Yes it was Stroud, not dad who has done the heavy lifting in recruiting for the Hurricanes. They talk by phone or text almost daily.

"Coach Stroud is funny. I like him," Ishmael said. "We have developed a good relationship. We talk almost every day. Most of the time we talk about football, but we also talk about what's going on in my life.

"My dad has not been a factor at all. He told me about things, but he has not tried to persuade me. I was happy that I didn't get pressure. He let me go through the process."

There has been one person applying pressure. That's Columbus offensive lineman Ryan Rodriguez, a Miami commit who has been pleading with Ishmael to be his roommate next year in the new campus dorms overlooking the lake on the center of the Miami campus.

If things go the Hurricane's way Friday, the two teammates will be able to start choosing their view.

And Miami will have a new defensive end with great length who can run -- and who has a dad who knows the strength and conditioning program inside and out to give him a head start.

Advertisement
tonight 6pm EST. Tonight

1595004933935.gif

Listen; I know some of ya’ll have been directly affected by COVID-19, while others like myself have been indirectly affected. But if we’re being honest, STRICTLY AS SELFISH FAN BOYS, this Covid situation has made recruiting like shooting fish in a barrel.

Honestly, not having a season (which I hope don’t happen) will only solidify this b/c there’s no way Manny can f this up. Lol.

Advertisement
Back