Advertisement
Put Davis at LB (most likely won’t be in class anyway) and get Peyton on board.. Get T2 on board and we may have quite possibly swept the best defensive players in Dade with the exception of Marshall. Crazy.

Advertisement
Ishmael's dad has been on staff for almost 20 years. With that in mind, why can't he just come in as a PWO so we can bring in Payton? His education will be paid for due to his dad's tenure, no?

Ishmael's dad has been on staff for almost 20 years. With that in mind, why can't he just come in as a PWO so we can bring in Payton? His education will be paid for due to his dad's tenure, no?
Most of the time yes but who knows if the ncaa has rules against such a thing

Most of the time yes but who knows if the ncaa has rules against such a thing

No ncaa rules against that and it has been discussed in a few threads already. Considering how Covid19 has shut down traditional campus life, going the employee family tuition benefits route with the young man living at home for the next year might be more palatable now.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement

Pretty sure it'd just be free tuition, so he'd miss out on the room/board + cost of living stipend.

Realistically, it would just never happen. A 4* DE is getting a football scholarship regardless of who his dad is

kids/parents will *never* turn down a scholarship so that some other kid can fit into a recruiting class. these families aren't running roster management charities. i don't know why people constantly bring this up. it is never going to happen. the kid earned his scholarship and is going to take it. rightfully so.

This is on the staff to figure out. I said before the season started I would take Ishmael and Payton as my 2 DEs in this class because they have the length and athleticism you want and we had the time to allow them to add the weight. They didn’t have to take a kid like davis so early

Advertisement
This is on the staff to figure out. I said before the season started I would take Ishmael and Payton as my 2 DEs in this class because they have the length and athleticism you want and we had the time to allow them to add the weight. They didn’t have to take a kid like davis so early
Davis tape is better than both IMO and that not cupcake comp his playing in that part of GA. That said if Payton wanted/wants in that’s on him.

Davis tape is better than both IMO and that not cupcake comp his playing in that part of GA. That said if Payton wanted/wants in that’s on him.
It’s about projecting. Yes davis might be better now and he is also probably maxed out physically at 5’11-6’’0 234.

Advertisement
Back