#13 to be retired during Louisville game

Advertisement
I loved Sean Taylor at UM. But one could make the argument that Ed Reed should have his retired before 26.....and if you go back far enough, one could argue Bennie Blades, Ted Hendricks, and many more to numerous to name. Where does it stop? I kind of get Gino as he won the big trophy and he has been a stellar alum (often overlooked into this discussion).
Ted Hendricks’ number is retired. No. 89 I believe.

You’re right though, Miami has too many star players to retire every number many think worthy. I like the idea of reserving specific numbers only an elite player can earn. I would put number 20 and 26 on that list, reserved for elite safeties. I’m not sure how much numbers mean to players anymore.

Advertisement
They should honor the numbers on the ring of honor but not suspend using them,that’s crazy.

You have 85 scholarship players plus the walk-ons.Pretty soon instead of the injury tent they’ll be putting dressing rooms on the sidelines to change out all the jerseys that will have to be switched out every other play…

Ted Hendricks’ number is retired. No. 89 I believe.

You’re right though, Miami has too many star players to retire every number many think worthy. I like the idea of reserving specific numbers only an elite player can earn. I would put number 20 and 26 on that list, reserved for elite safeties. I’m not sure how much numbers mean to players anymore.
I Love Ed...and I Loved SeanTay...but to retire their numbers and not Bennie Blades is completely disrespectful, and unacceptable.

Retire then in spirit, but let coaches allow others to wear them. Too many players deserve it, so maybe we'll start issuing 100+.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Forgot Guillen did he actually ever play in a game

The dates quoted in this article are waaaay off but says he played at Miami before transferring to Alabama. The other guy that still rustles me was Brian Fortay with his entitlement none sense!

Hang them up in the IPF. Put them on the cheap as **** plastic tarp known as the "Ring of Honor." Then re-issue the numbers.

Pretty sure this'll be the 5th retired number for UM (Torretta, Mira, Testaverde, Dooley, and Hendricks), so we aren't as wild as some other schools... but still.

Advertisement
We don’t have enough numbers left. Players are switching jerseys mid game it’s the damndest thing ever.

The solution is easy of course…start handing out three-digit numbers.

Advertisement
Back