12 red flags of recruiting

only thing bad about college players profiting off there image is it’s going to bring so many third parties into recruiting which if I was a coach would be a top red flag (dealing with handlers or trainers)

hopefully hs fb doesn’t become like hs bb

Advertisement
God this P5 coach sounds pathetic.

"A kid that is 'interested' but won't drive to see your campus or facilities, but he's visited five other schools in your conference that are equally as far for him." - FBS coach

It was a long time ago, but we recruited a highly-regarded high school CB named Clifton Abraham from Dallas Carter the year after we got Jesse Armstead from the same program. Carter was a power those years. Jesse was one of the very top players in the country, perhaps the best. Abraham followed the next year and was also highly-rated, a First Team USA Today A-A. When Abraham came to Miami for his visit, he reportedly kept asking about the depth chart. He eventually signed with FSU.

To UM coaches, that said something about his approach to competition.

I think there was a similar sense by our staff about Jeff George and his shyness about competing. (George was described as awesome by the media cheering section.)

We eventually won that recruiting battle when George signed with Purdue.
Good stuff.

George was quite an enigma. I recall reading of a pre-draft workout, where he showed up a bit late, dressed in sweatpants and flannel shirt, unshaven and scruffy. The NFL teams in attendance were not amused, questioning ‘who is this guy’? Then he started throwing the ball. His arm talent was second to none, jaw-dropping.

In the end, his mental toughness and desire were lacking. He didn’t have the intangibles that turn physical gifts into being a great quarterback.

Good stuff.

George was quite an enigma. I recall reading of a pre-draft workout, where he showed up a bit late, dressed in sweatpants and flannel shirt, unshaven and scruffy. The NFL teams in attendance were not amused, questioning ‘who is this guy’? Then he started throwing the ball. His arm talent was second to none, jaw-dropping.

In the end, his mental toughness and desire were lacking. He didn’t have the intangibles that turn physical gifts into being a great quarterback.
Man how long have some of you been following recruiting? Jeff George? I was a kid when he was on the raiders. That’s pretty cool y’all have been following recruiting for so long.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back