12 red flags of recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You have to differentiate between ‘she’s just not that into you’ and ‘there’s something wrong with her.’

That list is for your roster-fillers, or DII/D3 guys. In other words, if you are decent, but replaceable, don’t ***** up and commit one of those errors, because you can and will be dropped.

Rules are slightly different for genuine top talent, there it’s more based on legal issues and overall contribution to the team.

Wait....I think it was Terrence Lewis.

Then supposedly whooped her Daddy's *** also when he objected to his daughter's alleged rough handling by T2..

That aside, going back to the OP's 12 red flags of recruiting; those are all issues faced in P5 recruiting especially in the south that coaches just have to deal with. The runners, mulitiple transfers, and overbearing parents is par for south Florida recruiting.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Interesting article, but a lot of quotes from D-3 coaches. Would like to have heard more P5.

How many recruits these days have to publicly announce a top 5, top 10, top whatever on social media? Announce they are looking a depth charts, early playing time? This seems routine behavior.

Then supposedly whooped her Daddy's *** also when he objected to his daughter's alleged rough handling by T2..

That aside, going back to the OP's 12 red flags of recruiting; those are all issues faced in P5 recruiting especially in the south that coaches just have to deal with. The runners, mulitiple transfers, and overbearing parents is par for south Florida recruiting.

Go Canes
When I read list, first thing I thought was it should be renamed the “12 characteristics of South Florida recruiting”

It seems like a DIII journalist wrote that article. It was littered with grammatical errors. I usually don’t care about that but there WERE SOOOOO MANY MISTAKES!!!!

Advertisement
It seems like a DIII journalist wrote that article. It was littered with grammatical errors. I usually don’t care about that but there WERE SOOOOO MANY MISTAKES!!!!
I’ll have to recheck it but it probably was auto-translated to conform to the CIS Official Manual of Style and Usage. So, don’t get your Depends in a bunch.

Interesting article, but a lot of quotes from D-3 coaches. Would like to have heard more P5.

How many recruits these days have to publicly announce a top 5, top 10, top whatever on social media? Announce they are looking a depth charts, early playing time? This seems routine behavior.
It was a long time ago, but we recruited a highly-regarded high school CB named Clifton Abraham from Dallas Carter the year after we got Jesse Armstead from the same program. Carter was a power those years. Jesse was one of the very top players in the country, perhaps the best. Abraham followed the next year and was also highly-rated, a First Team USA Today A-A. When Abraham came to Miami for his visit, he reportedly kept asking about the depth chart. He eventually signed with FSU.

To UM coaches, that said something about his approach to competition.

I think there was a similar sense by our staff about Jeff George and his shyness about competing. (George was described as awesome by the media cheering section.)

We eventually won that recruiting battle when George signed with Purdue.

Go Canes
If that’s the case I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the program. I don’t care if he’s 20 stars.

Advertisement
Back