12 Personnel???

Sigma_Cane_7

Senior
Searched before making a thread, all I saw was @Cribby posting, “Why can’t we run 12 Personnel?”. It got me thinking, why can’t we? Jordan and Mallory are the best TE combo in the ACC, if not the country, and they are trading off field time. I actually think Jordan being out was the best thing for Will and he stepped the Fck up, which creates value for both to be on the field. Calling @Liberty City El @DMoney @Lance Roffers @LuCane @Zbrod95 @Dwinstitles @The Franchise. Can anyone explain why we are omitting our best threat as an offense?

Advertisement
Searched before making a thread, all I saw was @Cribby posting, “Why can’t we run 12 Personnel?”. It got me thinking, why can’t we? Jordan and Mallory are the best TE combo in the ACC, if not the country, and they are trading off field time. I actually think Jordan being out was the best thing for Will and he stepped the Fck up, which creates value for both to be on the field. Calling @Liberty City El @DMoney @Lance Roffers @LuCane @Zbrod95 @Dwinstitles @The Franchise. Can anyone explain why we are omitting our best threat as an offense?

This is just speculation and not info, but I imagine they wanted to ease Jordan in. We may see more in December.

This is just speculation and not info, but I imagine they wanted to ease Jordan in. We may see more in December.
Now that we got the era confidence up, now you have a wr and te room full of confident players with the ability to run almost anything down the stretch. Hears to hoping!!!

Advertisement
Bama utilizes 12 personnel great. Their TEs are more traditional Ys vs ours but our guys can get it done a lot more in the passing game. They use it perfectly for Power run game/play action

fantastic. 2 coordinators that sub 2 of their best players for each other. So frustrating. On a side not, Mallory looks banged up the way he has been moving these last few weeks.

Advertisement
We finally get to the 21st century on offense and now we are clamoring for 2 TE sets
Insert Mallory for Wiggins on a couple of those inside routes & they are converted.

You can still be a spread up tempo team with 2 TEs.

Really would like to see them throw to the backs more. Jaylan can be an asset in the pass game.

They need to call some screens & motion the back out sometimes vs a LB. Create to matchup problems, stress the D.

Been saying this for a while. They can both be lined up anywhere. Very easy to run a spread with two tight ends if you have guys like Brevin and Will.

Advertisement
It is criminal to say the least. Brevin is probably our best WR on top of one of the best TEs in the country we could be much more creative. Hopeful we will be with time to get everyone healthy.

Side note also want to see more 21

The 2nd TE is just a decoy and blocker in this offense. Dom M nor Larry Hodges have been even looked at in the passing game with Brevin out.

Our inability to get the RB's involved in the passing game is more alarming than our use of multiple TE's.
Watching UF get their RB's wide open is frustrating.

as a former QB whose head coach was a stickler for hitting the checkdowns, i pay attention to this a lot.

i will say, in fairness, we do have RB's open in the flats and in outside quarters quite a bit.

as to why they are not getting the ball? that's a different story

Advertisement
The 2nd TE is just a decoy and blocker in this offense. Dom M nor Larry Hodges have been even looked at in the passing game with Brevin out.
I was just gonna say this. Someomes gotta block with the way Scaife is playing. Also indicative of why we don't get rbs involved as much in the passing game.

I really don't understand Cane fans. We only see the last game and base the whole season off that one game. We ran 12 personnel almost exclusively before Jordan was injured. He comes back one game and now people act like we don't run it.

It could be a number of different reasons...

First, Brevin has missed a chunk of the season, so they weren't gonna rush him back & immediately start playing him heavy reps off that bat, he was on a pitch count & that's smart because you don't want Brevin reaggravating his injury.

Another main reason, is that it's based on the type of Defensive fronts & looks we get, Lashlee sees how Defenses play us & feels as though we have a better advantage by running primarily 11 & 10 personnel. Also have to remember we go fast tempo, which means we run a lot of plays & it's easier to get lined up & go fast in different personnel groupings, if you run a base of 12 you run the risk of having to sub both your guys out if they get tired & for us that can be detrimental because we need a TE to block for us in a shît ton of plays.

You have to also factor in that we don't have a consistent stout interior OL, so in the instances in which we do run 12 P that 2nd TE will almost always be used as an additional blocker.

I understand the gripe, I would love to see us run 21, 22 & even 23 personnel, but yall have to understand we didn't have a Spring to implement a full offesnive install & Fall camp was truncated, we don't have the OL to run the wide variety of formations we'd all like to see, Lash has gone with what works & what we can execute the best.

Regardless of all the bellyaching, our Offense is distinctly better this year than last & we can score, of course it's not perfect but it's almost as if you guys have no idea that our OL is bad & considering the Covid season you would think yall would realize we're not operating on a normal basis & schedule.

Considering the circumstances the offense moves the ball well & a can score frequently when it matters most, give a Lash a full offseason & a better OL & you'll see a lot more variations.

Advertisement
Back