12 month campaign for the Pirate

supacane

Senior
Listen, Diaz is not getting canned this season. He is also unlikely to change the staph infection. With that said, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome is called insanity.

With all that said we cant afford another rookie failure HC. My preference is Butch, the school wont hire him. So I say we go on a 12 month campaign to bring the Pirate to The U. Mike Leach. He will toughen up the softness, score points and win double digit games, no question. He would relish the chance to be near key west and get away from the cold north west.

If we wanna do billboards and planes let's advocate for something and someone. Social media billboards planes whatever.

Advertisement
Twenty years as a head coach with a 139-89 record. He had 2 11 win seasons, no 10 win seasons.

Sounds like Richt.

Leach is bad. You might as well just have every running back and defender leave the program. He also can't recruit and is the antichrist of anything remotely resembling leadership.

Leach should be an offensive coordinator on a short leash - he'd be great at that.

Advertisement
19 years as a head coach-15 years with four or more losses. 1-7 vs Washington and hasn’t scored more than 17 points in the losses. Oh yeah, he also hates to recruit.

Run, don’t walk to sign him ASAP.

Advertisement
I was gonna say as well if people have better candidates, who are attainable that would do as well. I disagree that Leach would be a failure though. Washington and Texas Tech are dumps. He won them double Digit games

Meyer, Butch are other candidates, monkey boy, Cristobal. Someone who has done something and is not a rookie.

Advertisement
LOL at the libs at Miami hiring Leach.

Always a retarded political spin.

How about, Leach hasn't accomplished anything substantial that warrants him getting the job. He has had LOOOOONG stints at schools without prolonged success.

And I don't want to hear "imagine how well he will do with Miami athletes".

Leach sucks, get off his ****

This.

Quirky, nebbish, oddball savant-type—who is the perfect big fish in a little pond at a bottom-feeder Pac-12 program like Washington State, where expectations are garbage.

Dude can barely handle the Spokane media after a loss to Washington—he's gonna handle the pressure cooker that is South Florida and being expected to succeed down here? Please.

Leach was 11-2 last year with Gardner Minshew and is now 6-6—his teams looking awful this fall.

He also blames his players—calling them fat and entitled earlier this year, but did nothing to right the ship—which our fans really love; when coaches blame players instead of taking blame.

Oh yeah, and he couldn't give less of a **** about playing defense—just wanting to outscore everybody, which doesn't work without a premier quarterback. (Nice loss to an 0-3 UCLA team this year, too—giving up 500+ yards and 67 to that garbage Chip Kelly-led team.)

Offense got absolutely punked at Utah in a 38-13 loss for the "genius" and has gotten handled by rival Washington every year since his inaugural season in 2012; even this year—smoked 31-13 despite both teams being 6-5 going into the game and this being the worst Huskies team he's seen in his time in Pullman.

At best, Leach would've been a great offensive coordinator in 2007 in some co-type role when Randy was hired. A dozen years later, he's just an odd-ball almost 60-year old with one good season in eight tries with the Cougars.

But yeah, start a one-year long campaign to reel him down to Coral Gables—completely ignoring that he's literally been passed over for a slew of jobs over this past decades, despite any offensive prowess or genius.

Advertisement
And I don't want to hear "imagine how well he will do with Miami athletes".

Seriously. I'm having too much fun "imagining" him trying to recruit South Florida talent when going up against Florida, Florida State, Central Florida, South Florida, Florida International and Florida Atlantic.

Dude is a space cadet and a perfect fit in Pullman, where he can teach some weird-*** class on “Insurgent Warfare and Football Strategies"—while fielding teams every year that don't play defense.

Sounds like a tailor-made fit for the University of Miami.

LOL at the libs at Miami hiring Leach.

.... I love all this "libs" talk. Meanwhile, the University of Oregon in Eugene is about as left-leaning and liberal a place as exists—yet they care tremendously about football and are dumping assloads of Phil Knight's Nike money into building a winner.

News flash; just about every program not in the SEC or Big XII is left-leaning as most colleges are liberal places with safe-spaces these days.

Advertisement
Back