12,000 more season tickets sold then last year at this time

Uknowwhat, Great post and absolute truth in what you say. Fans are not bigger than the program and are powerless to change anything. A smart man or woman would move on instead of inflicting this kind of pain on their selves from a game kids play. There is so much more to life and knowing you read this site, i am sure you have seen how our fans live this like it is life or death. I wonder do they hold their self, family,friends,jobs to the same accountability they do this coaching staff and the kids playing?

Advertisement
Actually, yes. I have fired people for not doing their jobs to the standards I expect.
A little awkward, but not too difficult. Just make sure you have their file in order w their failures to avoid unemployment compensation.

Uknowwhat, Great post and absolute truth in what you say. Fans are not bigger than the program and are powerless to change anything. A smart man or woman would move on instead of inflicting this kind of pain on their selves from a game kids play. There is so much more to life and knowing you read this site, i am sure you have seen how our fans live this like it is life or death. I wonder do they hold their self, family,friends,jobs to the same accountability they do this coaching staff and the kids playing?

LULZ.....Michigan

#FIREALGROHLDEN
#BRINGBACKBUTCH

I hold myself and family to a much higher standard than miami football. If I didn't, we'd be living in a homeless shelter.

its not a lie there is about 10-12 seats left in the lower west endzone it is about to be completely sold out, maybe because we get nebraska and clemson at home wich will both be hot tickets

Advertisement
For the sake of adding to the pool anecdotal data:

My dad and I renewed our season tickets again this year--and we always will as long as we have a team. Canes games for us are more about family tradition than anything else. More importantly: not only did we renew, but we paid more than double for similarly situated seats while losing one of our 3 seats. Simply, we paid double for one less seat. We figured we would try out the seats (which have access to that new field club) for a year and move somewhere else if the seats, and the ridiculous amenities that come with them, are not worth it.

Everyone I associate with has renewed, and looking forward to the changes in the stadium.
You don't want to renew, don't renew, but the "they're lying" nonsense, is stupid.

He's flat out lying.

Anybody like canefan #1 that are on meth and think for a second that angry fans are in the minority are laughable and need to stop toiling in their failed alternate reality. Such delusion is going to implode come the first games of the season.

There's a difference between fans that are angry/disappointed, and fans that have turned against the team. Yes, many, including me, want to see some changes and improvements. However, I'm a 'Cane, grew up a 'Cane, went to school there, and no team, college or pro, in any sport, comes close to the 'Canes for my allegiance. If I lived in Miami, I'd have season tickets too.

LOL. the whole program needs to be blown up. it is completely broken. no small changes will do anything.

I wont cheer for any other team but I cant stand to watch Miami football anymore. I've been a fan for 30 years. the product is a joke. complete embarrassment

Advertisement
Love my Canes, but the AD department is all smoke and mirrors with the numbers they produce. I'm sure they have "some" basis for the numbers, but it's probably along the same lines as counting the Sun Life stadium renovations towards UM spending. AD office needs cleaned up, yesterday.

It is all deception. People bought their season tickets earlier this year because they released all the tickets because of the stadium change. At this point last year there was no reason to renew your tickets. I got my season tickets this year to be with the group of people I sit with. I am still not sure if I made the right decision but i locked my tickets in 4/5 months earlier than I did last year.

The ticket office is learning from the used car salesman

Advertisement
If changes are necessary to win I'm all in for changes... but I can't make any changes and don't think anyone else on this board can make any changes... so we have two choices...1 Don't mope over things we can't change... vent then move on hope for the Canes to win or 2. Cut all ties from the things that is paining your soul and move on.

Sound thoughts except once you've been a Cane there is NOTHING to move on to. There is nothing but this here U! Idiots and smucks have nearly destroyed that which we love. Born in CG, been to too many games in OB, cried too many tears, yelled til horse too many time, spent too many tens of thousands on tuition and hundreds of thousands on donations over 50 years of devotion to walk away quietly. Sorry, I will scream bloody murder and would rather burn it all to the ground than let these Johnnie-come-lately hired-hands employees go about their evil business unmolested. I want to see your son hoist the trophy not just run though the smoke.

In order to watch Canes football in its present state, I'd have to be dead drunk like I was for games back in the '60's and '70's when I was a student. That was the only way I could stand it. However, I am now too old to get wasted at football games watching a chitty team with chitty coaches and no hope of any substantial improvement....so count me out. And don't dare call me a bandwagon fan as I have followed this program for 50 years. I just can't allow myself to get that intoxicated and that ****ed off anymore.

Last edited:
Oh yes they have. Dolphin sales are way up too.

After many emails from UM I finally responded pretty much telling them I'm not renewing anything in till I see progress and changes in the coaching staff. And I'm sure you guys have received many emails regarding the same thing.

This was the response I got.

Hey Robert,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. As a lifelong UM fan being born and raised in Miami and working here for the past 13 years, I feel your pain the last couple of seasons.

I also have received a few emails similar to yours, but I can tell you that we have already sold 25,000 season tickets this year. That’s 12,000 more than we had last year at this time. Our fans are still supporting the “U” no matter what.

Please let me know if you change your mind.

Thanks!

Brad

Theirs no way in **** they've sold 12000 more then last year at this time.

Link?

Advertisement
its not a lie there is about 10-12 seats left in the lower west endzone it is about to be completely sold out, maybe because we get nebraska and clemson at home wich will both be hot tickets
If it's true then we deserve what we get collectively as a fan base.

You don't keep throwing money at a **** product and expect it to change. People buying season tix are doing a real disservice to the program.

From what I understand the university has included Miami Dolphins season tickets in their sales numbers to stay in line with including the stadium upgrade in their investment numbers.

Advertisement
Back