11 and Counting!

Advertisement
Out of the DBs I would think that Knowles and Henley would be prime candidates for attrition. I think Mayes might develop enough to stick around but in reality I don't know much about how he has developed up to this point other than he was quite raw upon his arrival. Is still a CB going forward with this staff or would a move to S serve him better? Is Mayes even Miami material?

Mayes was a reach. I like Knowles.

Is Knowles the safety that the previous staff were discussing in that video? You know, the video where Paul Williams gives zero input and Dorito talks of the value of recruiting safeties who have played the position in high school as opposed to recruiting explosive athletes and coaching them up.

Out of the DBs I would think that Knowles and Henley would be prime candidates for attrition. I think Mayes might develop enough to stick around but in reality I don't know much about how he has developed up to this point other than he was quite raw upon his arrival. Is still a CB going forward with this staff or would a move to S serve him better? Is Mayes even Miami material?

Is Knowles the safety that the previous staff were discussing in that video? You know, the video where Paul Williams gives zero input and Dorito talks of the value of recruiting safeties who have played the position in high school as opposed to recruiting explosive athletes and coaching them up.
That was 2016 class and it was Colby reeder

17' recruiting class is gonna be huge.

If I am correct it be a full 25 + up to 7 more depending on how many players we get to EE. So the 2017 class could have up 32 players. We are in a great position to begin stacking elite talent again.

we can only have 85 players on the team.

My post was assuming we would still be at or under 85 mostly because I see quite a few candidates for attrition.

Advertisement
I think the Lb McCray could possibly leave soon as well

Based off what?

Just a guess, the linebackers we brought in are more talented than him IMO. He didn't see any playing time last year when we were injury riddled at the position as well. He will see that others have passed him on the depth chart and move on.

I think he played some at the end of the year. Maybe not.

No. That wasn't Knowles.

Advertisement
Out of the DBs I would think that Knowles and Henley would be prime candidates for attrition. I think Mayes might develop enough to stick around but in reality I don't know much about how he has developed up to this point other than he was quite raw upon his arrival. Is Mayes still a CB going forward with this staff or would a move to S serve him better? Is Mayes even Miami material?

henley isn't going anywhere. we haven't even seen him play yet. he has the size richt wants too in cbs . king as well is a young lb only redshirt freshman at very least will play special teams.

I'll wait to see in the case of Knowles and Henley. Remember we going to an entirely new defense, coaches, system and techniques. Knowles is skilled say what you want. Henley is fast and he's 6'. Not all guys can start, but that doesn't make them expendable.

Could not beat out the Blue Hens of Delaware for his services...

proxy.php
Colby Reeder

Salesianum (Wilmington, DE)OLB 6-3/220
proxy.php
Commit1/4/2016

Interests

SchoolInterestOfferRecruited ByVisit Date
DelawareSigned (2/3/2016)
  • -
-
BucknellNone
  • -
-
FordhamNone
  • -
-
Holy CrossNone
  • -
-
James MadisonNone
  • -
-
LafayetteNone
  • -
-
LehighNone
  • -
-
MiamiNone
-
Old DominionNone
  • -
-
PrincetonNone
  • -
-
SyracuseNone
  • -
-
ToledoNone
  • -
-
VillanovaNone
  • -
-
William & MaryNone
  • -
-
ConnecticutNone-
  • -
-
Penn StateNone-
  • -
-
PittsburghNone-
  • -
-
Wake ForestNone-
  • -
-

Advertisement
I'll wait to see in the case of Knowles and Henley. Remember we going to an entirely new defense, coaches, system and techniques. Knowles is skilled say what you want. Henley is fast and he's 6'. Not all guys can start, but that doesn't make them expendable.

GH, I concur its best to have a wait and see approach with our players in the new defense. watching our players underachieve under D'no and Golden's scheme, I except to see a few players who were overlooked or lack of play, and shirted to shine in this new attacking 4-3 defense.
Im excited for our D-linmen with coach Kool teaching them!!

GH, I concur its best to have a wait and see approach with our players in the new defense. watching our players underachieve under D'no and Golden's scheme, I except to see a few players who were overlooked or lack of play, and shirted to shine in this new attacking 4-3 defense.

henley is raw but he has miami caliber speed so you never know.

henley is raw but he has miami caliber speed so you never know.

I agree in having a wait and see approach but in reading the board since their recruitment there have been many posts calling these kids Golden specials that don't belong here. I know that some have stated that Knowles has potential. Ultimately we will see who the players are. I hope they surprise everyone and ball out. Out of the more under the radar type of db prospects I am high on Redwine and and Jeff James.

I'm not ever sure Redwine qualifies as "under the radar". He could be a big surprise this year.

Advertisement

proxy.php
Colby Reeder

proxy.php
Commit1/4/2016

Interests

• -
-
BucknellNone
  • -
-
FordhamNone
  • -
-
Holy CrossNone
  • -
-
James MadisonNone
  • -
-
LafayetteNone
  • -
-
LehighNone
  • -
-
MiamiNone
-
Old DominionNone
  • -
-
PrincetonNone
  • -
-
SyracuseNone
  • -
-
ToledoNone
  • -
-
VillanovaNone
  • -
-
William & MaryNone
  • -
-
ConnecticutNone-
  • -
-
Penn StateNone-
  • -
-
PittsburghNone-
  • -
-
Wake ForestNone-
  • -
-

Miami sticks out like a sore thumb in that offer sheet. Thank the good lord Al ******* golden is the fvck gone. Sheesh!

proxy.php
Colby Reeder

proxy.php
Commit1/4/2016

Interests

• -
-
BucknellNone
  • -
-
FordhamNone
  • -
-
Holy CrossNone
  • -
-
James MadisonNone
  • -
-
LafayetteNone
  • -
-
LehighNone
  • -
-
MiamiNone
-
Old DominionNone
  • -
-
PrincetonNone
  • -
-
SyracuseNone
  • -
-
ToledoNone
  • -
-
VillanovaNone
  • -
-
William & MaryNone
  • -
-
ConnecticutNone-
  • -
-
Penn StateNone-
  • -
-
PittsburghNone-
  • -
-
Wake ForestNone-
  • -
-

Miami sticks out like a sore thumb in that offer sheet. Thank the good lord Al ******* golden is the fvck gone. Sheesh!

kid was the best jaquan jarrett lol

i love how richt chops dead weight. i didnt expect this.

Robert Knowles' workout numbers from this past season:

40: 4.87
Bench: 215 :)eek:)
Squat: 195 :)eek::eek:)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this kid isn't a Miami-caliber athlete (at least in the post-golden era)

Advertisement
Back