11/7 Lafayette Leopards at Miami (7:30)

Advertisement
Man if Omier could just finish some of those lol
As the season goes on, he will get better. I don't draw many conclusions from tonight, because it was game #1. The game was one of those games that wasn't really in doubt in the second half. Miami wasn't sharp and it was still a game that they were able to pull away late in. I will say this, I think L will have as his closer lineup Joseph(PG), Pack, Wong, Omier and Miller. I think he likes Joseph's ability to defend on ball, and because he's a born distributor, it gives guys like Pack and Wong an opportunity to work off the ball. Miller is the swiss army knife and Omier is the hammer.
44 on Lafayette is Ricky Roe
Ricky actually looked like he wasn't starving to death. Homeboy needs to hit the weight room.

Miller may not be one of the top options but he’s def one of the more important guys for us. Dudes game around the rim is next level.
He's a finisher, has a nice midrange and can defend multiple positions. He's the kind of guy that quietly gives you 12 and 5 with a couple of key defensive stands every night. You need those guys in March, you saw what he did to Auburn.

Advertisement
If walker continues to play this poorly, give Aire and Casey a look and see how they do.
Man, I'm really hoping Walker doesn't continue to play this poorly. I was looking for him to take the next step. I would like to see some of those freshmen though. I wonder if we'd had more of a lead they'd have gotten some burn.

As the season goes on, he will get better. I don't draw many conclusions from tonight, because it was game #1. The game was one of those games that wasn't really in doubt in the second half. Miami wasn't sharp and it was still a game that they were able to pull away late in. I will say this, I think L will have as his closer lineup Joseph(PG), Pack, Wong, Omier and Miller. I think he likes Joseph's ability to defend on ball, and because he's a born distributor, it gives guys like Pack and Wong an opportunity to work off the ball. Miller is the swiss army knife and Omier is the hammer.

Ricky actually looked like he wasn't starving to death. Homeboy needs to hit the weight room.
Agreed and Omier was clearly a different player in the second half. His athleticism jumps off the screen.

Thanks for that interesting history. Not hoops-related but Joe Maddon also went to Lafayette. 2x World Series-winning Manager, 3x MLB's Mgr of the Year.
We also have 2 NATIONAL football championships. Wayback

Advertisement
Man, I'm really hoping Walker doesn't continue to play this poorly. I was looking for him to take the next step. I would like to see some of those freshmen though. I wonder if we'd had more of a lead they'd have gotten some burn.
I hope not either. But this is his 4th year in the program, and while he’s shown us flashes over the years, he has games like tonight way too often.

Lafayette, my alma mater, has, like most older east coast schools, a weird basketball history. Butch Van Breda Kolf had his first college coaching job there after leaving the pros. While at Lafayette, he coached Pete Caril, the long term, highly successful Princeton Coach. They made it to the Sweet Sixteen in 1957. Tom Davis, later of BC and Iowa got started as the coach for Lafayette after leaving an assistant job at American. Two of Kelly Tripucka's (ND and pros) brothers played at Lafayette and one was quite the shooter with an average of 26 points per game and conference POY. We beat ND in South Bend when Digger was the coach. We lost to Miami in 1999 in the NCAAs in Boston. Program has be floundering in recent years under a coach who had early success to had a27 year Lifetime Achievment Award type contract. Michael Jordan the coach comes from Colgate after an extended European career. We are not Loyola of Chicago.
Uncle Wesley’s French Fries are top Notch and College Hill Tavern is the place to go before the Easton vs Phillipsburgh game. One of my closest friends growing up owns Utopia…I’m sure some people you know went there…and it wasn’t for the Wicker Furniture.

Miller may not be one of the top options but he’s def one of the more important guys for us. Dudes game around the rim is next level.
He might be the most important player on the team. He is a glue guy, can do everything well, somewhat like the X factor. When he scores, I like our chances. Think he needs to be more aggressive/involved on offense.

Advertisement
I hope not either. But this is his 4th year in the program, and while he’s shown us flashes over the years, he has games like tonight way too often.
This is no disrespect to him but I played the game at a high enough level to know that some dudes the lightbulb never goes off no matter how much untapped potential there is in the tank. He’s currently on that track for me. If L can’t get it out of you in 4 years it’s bleak in my opinion but there’s a lot of season left.

He needs to work inside out but yet for 4 years now he works outside in as a freak athlete at 6’10 in college hoops. Don’t have much confidence in him. He will continue to show his flashes but also continue to play losing basketball on many nights.

Uncle Wesley’s French Fries are top Notch and College Hill Tavern is the place to go before the Easton vs Phillipsburgh game. One of my closest friends growing up owns Utopia…I’m sure some people you know went there…and it wasn’t for the Wicker Furniture.
It was a different town 50 years ago. Where the art museum is at the base of the hill, used to be the local distributor for budweiser products, which was then just Bidweiser. Had a fraternity brother whose college job was to be campus marketing rep for the dealer. A school of 1600 would have 200-225 kegs of beer delivered for a party weekend. He then went on to reinvigorate Landrover, invented the zoom zoom campaign for Mazda, and become CEO of American Volkswagon. Much more conservative then. We had eight protestors when Dow Chemical showed up on campus to recruit. Proud to say I am a member of the last all-male class.. Now get off my lawn.

Its was great area. Still nice but it has its issues now. I grew up in 10 minutes from there, Father went to Easton, My grandfather ran a shoe store around the circle. I remember the Distributor. You had to have pizza at the Colonial. I am sure a distinguished Lafayette student never strayed over the free bridge to the Boxcar though

Advertisement
a few observations
34 3-point attempts??? 34 EACH TEAM????? (edit- I should have added they played a pack defense but still)
I get that most were open shots but more than a few were rushed, we need to work inside more and I'm sure we will.
Yes Walker I'm talking to you. Anthony you need to use your athleticism to your advantage!!
Norchad is like Dennis Rodman in a defensive lineman's body, just want him to stop trying to tip rebounds in all the time, secure the rebound!
Miller looks out of place on the perimeter, he seems way more comfortable working inside the arch and we need him there.
YGMYFTS!!!
Nice job by the students - 1500 in attendance!

Last edited:
I’m here to overreact…

Just kidding. I’ll take a nice opening night win. Things to work on. Nice job students showing up.

Let’s go!

I'll chalk that first half to shaking off the rust. But I saw too many threes and too many missed free throws. The defensive effort was impressive, I understand they'll give up open 3's but try and limit those especially come ACC play. Second half was obviously much better all around.

Wong still struggling with the deep ball. He, Joseph, and Miller need to attack the rim more. I'll take 40% from Pack from 3 but there were a few attempts that were dumb especially early in the shot clock late in the game. Nacho was an animal down low...looking forward to more double doubles from him this year. Walker needs to never take another outside shot again and Wooga needs to slow the **** down. He and Walker look so out of control. Not the biggest Beverly fan over the last few years but it was good to see him back out there and hit a 3. I'm sure he is on minutes restrictions.

It will be interesting to see if L plays the freshmen and Robinson as the season goes on. Idk what his plans are on redshirting guys but I would assume 2 of the freshmen will take one.

Here's to 1-0

Advertisement
Back