11/7 Lafayette Leopards at Miami (7:30)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The one thing I felt missing from the defense was jumping those lanes and turning steals into points. It looked like we tried it early, and missed on a couple, so later on it felt like we weren't taking as many risks. That said, glad to see the win, and excited to see how this team moves forward throughout the season.

Good win by this team.

They didn’t play well in the 1st half but came out in the 2nd half & showed they were the better team.

Really liked the overall Team Defense, did a good job closing out on 3’s & forced some clutch turnovers.

- Omier absolutely dominated on the Boards, that kid is a really great rebounder.
- Pack & Wong played well in the backcourt, especially in the 2nd half, Wong showed good leadership & got us some timely buckets when we needed it.
- Poplar actually had a good game aside from a couple bad 3’s lol, but he did a good job on the boards as well with 6 rebs.
- Joseph was stellar with his on ball Defense & got 5 rebounds despite being a smaller 2 guard

Overall as a team had a bad night shooting only 29% from 3 & 36% from the floor, but out-rebounded Lafayette by 12 & was solid from the Free throw line shooting 60%. The difference was our Defense in the 2nd half & when guys like Omier & Miller got iso situations did a good job putting the ball on the floor & creating their own shot getting to the rim.

We’ll play much better ball as the season progresses, but it’s a good stress test to play teams like this to start things off.

That Providence game will be a really good litmus test for us, Ed Cooley’s teams always have very good perimeter Guard play & they typically shoot from 3 very well. Wong & Pack will have to get hot for that game.

But I liked what I saw for the season debut, got some stuff to clean up, but this team has some solid depth & good talent.

Advertisement
Back