11/18 Cane Twitter Space

It’s Gino… I meant that We haven’t heard Zo comes only if Gino comes.

Correct. I think the only way it works if Zo comes is if Gino and Mario come. I can't imagine a world where Zo is hired, and THEN a real AD hire is made, where the AD doesn't say...

who is that GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Id say chud, who I think with his connections and how he’s treated in the football business as a “Don” like figure with his knowledge would be a good AD. Zo has a ton of respect for him, so says a lot with how freaking smart and knowledgeable In the business Zo is.
Was hearing though he may not really interested (he's turned down overtures before for at least coach) and he may not want to move family who have settled in Boston.

Is the dude that I believe is a relative of Mirabal's still on CIS? Was a good guy. Seemed to have his finger on the pulse in Eugene and never took offense at my Luigi critiques/slander.

Correct. I think the only way it works if Zo comes is if Gino and Mario come. I can't imagine a world where Zo is hired, and THEN a real AD is made, where the AD doesn't say...

who is that GIF

Yeah, I agree. Zo seems like a done deal and the next AD will have to agree to give up some authority over football which would arguably be the biggest driver of revenue for your department. How many established ADs you see accept that as a pre-condition?

@TheOriginalCane made a good point about Gino in one of those threads that made me not mind the hire. I personally think the amount of money we claim we are going to spend is going to make whoever look good

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane made a good point about Gino in one of those threads that made me not mind the hire. I personally think the amount of money we claim we are going to spend is going to make whoever look good

Gino is in the world of asset management being a CEO of a company in one of the most wealthiest towns in Florida so the money may not faze someone with that kind of experience

Gino is in the world of asset management being a CEO of a company in one of the most wealthiest towns in Florida so the money may not faze someone with that kind of experience
He mentioned something about Iron Arrows running the university and how he would be able to get everyone behind him for support as well. He is apparently in the Iron Arrows too. I have no clue what that is tho 😂

Advertisement
Correct. I think the only way it works if Zo comes is if Gino and Mario come. I can't imagine a world where Zo is hired, and THEN a real AD is made, where the AD doesn't say...
Yea. I agree. No experienced AD wants to give up any control over the 1 sport that really matters.

Unpopular opinion: I want Zo involved anyway. He laid out a laundry list of problems w the football team, that I don’t trust will ever get fixed with whatever hire this admin makes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back