11-1

ESPN had Miami projected to win all 12 games in 2018. With an absolutely horrible offense that no one can defend Miami was in all but one game.

Miami takes a 13-0 record and first time ACC Champions into the CFP in Diaz’ first year.

You think we go 13-0? Come on man....

Advertisement
No one’s going to rate us as anything more than a consistent .500 team until we can beat wimps like UVA, DOOK, and GT on a consistent basis. We’ve been an irrelevant, mediocre also-ran forever now. Diaz has his work cut out for him. It will be a struggle. I just hope he walks the walk the way he talks the talk.

90% of the offensive problems were coaching imo

QBs may not be great but we saw Malik go from serviceable to absolutely pathetic

The gameplan was horrific and the opposing teams knew exactly what was coming all the time

No one’s going to rate us as anything more than a consistent .500 team until we can beat wimps like UVA, DOOK, and GT on a consistent basis. We’ve been an irrelevant, mediocre also-ran forever now. Diaz has his work cut out for him. It will be a struggle. I just hope he walks the walk the way he talks the talk.

Agree

See this is how people end up losing their sh*t and going into meltdown mode when the team underachieves. They set lofty expectations that are not based in reality. Miami will be breaking in a new first time HC and new coordinators on both sides of the ball. These record predictions need to be grounded in realism.

Advertisement
I will say it again 11-1.

Everyone is clamoring for the number 1 OC in the land. You know what 28 points a game on offense had us at last year? That's right. 11-1

Coming in at the elite number of 76 for scoring offense Middle Tennessee State averaged 28 points a game.

What was top 25? Oregon at 34.8.

Look I like Manny Diaz as a DC. I think he came in with a plan and executed his plan. I'm not thrilled with everything he does but he adapts (striker position) and in three years had a top 5 defense out there in-spite of the worst offense I have ever seen take the field at Miami in comparison to the talent available. I also believe the athletes Manny had to work with helped him more than his scheme helped the players. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. That is just my opinion.

I wanted Fedora to be our OC. If it is Applewhite fine. Whoever it is will have more a pulse than Richt ever did along with more talent than they have had to work with in the past. We don't need an elite OC to win games here. Just put our players in a position to succeed and let them do the rest. The #76 offense in the land would have had us at 11-1. What a putrid, disgusting, sack of **** offense we saw on display for me to even type those words.

I digress.

I look forward to seeing who we hire for an offensive staff and how fast they eject Perry from the team.
I want to go all full on Homer over this impending hire as well...but I can't anymore. Like St. Thomas once said, seeing is believing. I want to see the innovation show up in practice & scrimmages first. I want to see the scrimmage stats improve drastically with the 1s vs 1s. Then and only then will I let myself go full Homer. It's been a long 15+ years

Last edited:
This is contingent on our defense being just as good as last years. That's not going to happen. Our D-line has very serious deficiencies and we lost 3 of our best DB's. There is going to be a regression there.

Isn't that what everybody worried about this time last year, the guys that bolted, how weak we were going to be n DL? They needed to worry more about about the O-line.

My lord the point isn't to average 28. It it to point out how ****** our offense could have been at 76 scoring 28 a game and we would have been 11-1.

FACE

PALM
whoa there buddy, my point was to the record, not so much the points. I used the ppg average to illustrate what would be needed when we finally get to play with the big boys.

**** 11-1 with this OL and a lack luster 2019 class? Those steroids better be official, and im not putting excuses for the guy but we seem to over rate rosters on this site.
To be fair, a weak 2019 class won’t affect us for another 2-3 years. These next two years are about 18 and the handful of studs in the 17.

Advertisement
To be fair, a weak 2019 class won’t affect us for another 2-3 years. These next two years are about 18 and the handful of studs in the 17.
I disagree when u fail one class it does impact your team u cant have class like that following the 18 class u just cant, it makes the roster heavily unbalanced.

Two teams scored 28+ on Miami this year, LSU and Wisconsin. I don’t think it’s a streach to say Miami would have been 11-1 had the offense been ranked in the mid 70’s

Defense will be fine.

Quarterman
Bandy
Garvin
Finley
Pinckney
Carter
D. Smith
McCloud
Silvera
Rousseau
Hall
Ivey
Blades
Ford
Patchan
P. Bethel
Jennings
Steed
Joyner
Miller
Wilder
Frierson
Harvey
Blissett
Huff
K. Smith
Williams
Couch
N. Bethel
Holley
Muñoz
Brooks
Knowles
Martin

Still in it for Bogle, Stevenson, Dent, Elam, Emerson, Brothers, Harrison-Hunte.
Thanks for just listing the roster on defense...I would at least appreciate if you left off #20

it doesn't work that way. When your team can't score, opponents play more conservatively.

Advertisement
OP you on crack homie. 11-1? I’m thinking more realistic like 9-4. Our oline is the chits. Whooo!

OP you on crack homie. 11-1? I’m thinking more realistic like 9-4. Our oline is the chits. Whooo!

Dumbass

Go look at the scores for all of our games and report back to this thread for the regular season.

The defense will take a step back this season, we were top 5 in total defense nationally, will probably be 30ish in 2019.

Offensively top 40 if they acquire Tyree Jackson via transfer.

The ACC is weak and there’s a lot of new coaches and rebuilding programs. I’ll say 9-3 to be safe.

Advertisement
Dumbass

Go look at the scores for all of our games and report back to this thread for the regular season.
Coach richt dat you? You tried to score points this season and it didn’t work. Go take a nap. Nite nite

I wouldn't expect us to light up the scoreboard in our first season. There's usually some growing pains when you hire a new coordinator. It depends on how quickly our players get acclimated to the new system.

Record will depend on what attitude the players have.Diaz has to show offensive players what the defensive players already know.I'd say maybe 8-10 wins in19.2020 team takes a giant step by then the prima donas will be gone and entire team absorbs mannys attitude and plays like it.

Advertisement
Back