11-1

To the posters who are taking the OP as a koolaid post I question your ability to turn on your computers to begin with.

May god have mercy on your souls.
You're really not doing yourself any favors with your subsequent posts.

Advertisement
288.jpg

Everyone saying we do not have talent on offense?

I completely disagree.

We were THAT BAD schematically.
Exactly. How else can you explain the insane regression of Malik Rosier? How suddenly all these talented receivers can’t get open?

Bull****.

Every defense we played knew what was coming especially in the pass game. You can’t out-talent that.

Look at Wisconsin. Not a good team at all but a very well coached and prepared team. They slaughtered us. You think that’s “talent”? **** no.

11-1? We scratching that "We Back Fever" again.

If we're going to start averaging 28 a game, I hope the OL and whoever the **** is going to play QB, gets the memo. We are not talented in either of those two most important segments of offensive output.

How about being a little more realistic in this age of instant gratification and realize there's a lot of "new" coming to the program and its going to take more than 15 minutes to fix? It makes for a lot less desperation when reality sets in.

Advertisement
While 11-1 is great and all...keep in mind we finished 10-1 last year heading into the post season. Point is, it's not how you get there, it's what you do when you get there.

28 points might not look so good when you play Clemson/Wisconsin and they are scoring 35.

But I will take 28 ppg as an improvement over this year.

Defense will be fine.

Quarterman
Bandy
Garvin
Finley
Pinckney
Carter
D. Smith
McCloud
Silvera
Rousseau
Hall
Ivey
Blades
Ford
Patchan
P. Bethel
Jennings
Steed
Joyner
Miller
Wilder
Frierson
Harvey
Blissett
Huff
K. Smith
Williams
Couch
N. Bethel
Holley
Muñoz
Brooks
Knowles
Martin

Still in it for Bogle, Stevenson, Dent, Elam, Emerson, Brothers, Harrison-Hunte.

:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:Good post but i wouldn't put Knowles in even all the safeties got hurt.

The OP is dead on. IF we had an average offense we have 2 losses max this season as our D was top 3. Next season I think our D will slip a bit due to being young but we still will be top 20. Just need a top 40 or so offense next year and with our schedule we win 10-11 games.

Advertisement
can we all agree that averaging 28 points a game does not equate to actually scoring 28 points a game?
Yes I agree but it does equate to actually scoring 28 points a game MOST games. Sure there will a punt return or pick 6 here and there but if you average 28 points a game you are most of the time scoring that much on offense.

Speaking of 11-1, Athlon Sports (LOL) just came out with their top 25 in CFB for 2019. Guess who ain't in it? That makes me feel good about our chances next year.

We would have gone 11-1 with our 2016 offense, especially the one from the second half of the season. And that wasn’t anything out of this world.

Our schedule next year is nothing to shudder at. At FSU, basically at UF, V Tech and well coached but limited UVA at home.

Defense will be raw at a couple of positions but will be rock solid as usual.

Just improve the offense into the 40s and we’ll be favored every game but one next year.

Advertisement
We would have gone 11-1 with our 2016 offense, especially the one from the second half of the season. And that wasn’t anything out of this world.

Our schedule next year is nothing to shudder at. At FSU, basically at UF, V Tech and well coached but limited UVA at home.

Defense will be raw at a couple of positions but will be rock solid as usual.

Just improve the offense into the 40s and we’ll be favored every game but one next year.
What this team need the most on offense is a competent OLine coach who first, can develop what we have, who can adapt and help our linemen during game situations, which in turns will help our running game, QB play and receivers. Oline is critical and we have not had a decent line in quite few years. That's what I am waiting for with the most anticipation, the hiring of the OLine coach. OC are great and RB, WR coachs, but we are not going anywhere without a line. Done with my 5 secs.

Advertisement
I will say it again 11-1.

Everyone is clamoring for the number 1 OC in the land. You know what 28 points a game on offense had us at last year? That's right. 11-1

Coming in at the elite number of 76 for scoring offense Middle Tennessee State averaged 28 points a game.

What was top 25? Oregon at 34.8.

Look I like Manny Diaz as a DC. I think he came in with a plan and executed his plan. I'm not thrilled with everything he does but he adapts (striker position) and in three years had a top 5 defense out there in-spite of the worst offense I have ever seen take the field at Miami in comparison to the talent available. I also believe the athletes Manny had to work with helped him more than his scheme helped the players. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. That is just my opinion.

I wanted Fedora to be our OC. If it is Applewhite fine. Whoever it is will have more a pulse than Richt ever did along with more talent than they have had to work with in the past. We don't need an elite OC to win games here. Just put our players in a position to succeed and let them do the rest. The #76 offense in the land would have had us at 11-1. What a putrid, disgusting, sack of **** offense we saw on display for me to even type those words.

I digress.

I look forward to seeing who we hire for an offensive staff and how fast they eject Perry from the team.

11-1 would be great and it will happen in the future. That being said most publications had us at 9-3 in 2018.

I do think it's time to stop settling for "good enough". Miami has the money to spend on the coaches. There might not be the alumni "support" or system for the bags the SEC and Clemson are throwing around. Spend the money to get an elite OC, and they'll end up getting that back and more.

While 11-1 is great and all...keep in mind we finished 10-1 last year heading into the post season. Point is, it's not how you get there, it's what you do when you get there.

28 points might not look so good when you play Clemson/Wisconsin and they are scoring 35.

But I will take 28 ppg as an improvement over this year.

My lord the point isn't to average 28. It it to point out how ****** our offense could have been at 76 scoring 28 a game and we would have been 11-1.

FACE

PALM

Advertisement
Back