10 wins

Advertisement
We'll see. He hasn't done anything against a defense with a pulse yet.
At Houston he did. Also, back in 2017, we were relying on turnovers and our defense to win us every game. The offense was barely scoring enough to beat some terrible teams.

1) Because we won't play another team that is in the same stratosphere as Clemson for the duration of the year.

2) Because we have a QB that won't let us collapse like previous years.

3) Because even though we got destroyed by Clemson, we have destroyed the first 3 teams we played.
Hold the becauses..............
if we don't have a huge mental adjustment for Coaches and Players, wrap it up......
We HAVE to destroy AFTER we have been destroyed.
Mental reset needed.

I don't think that anyone would claim that our offense hasn't improved this season, it clearly has. That being said, Clemson shut down everything we wanted to do on that side of the ball and we came out of the game looking completely inept. How could someone possibly watch us struggle to put up 200 yards of total offense (not to mention all the penalties, some of which were actually warranted ;) ) and come out of that game thinking "yep, that looks like a 10 win team to me"?

The only logic that would lead me to that conclusion is to look at UM's recruiting rankings vs. our upcoming opponents and think that our sheer talent advantage will allow us to prevail over all of them...and even then we don't have more talent on offense than teams like UNC (sad as that sentence is to type), AND even if we did it's not overwhelming enough to compensate for our below average defensive coaching staff and the fact that other teams will use the same blueprint that Clemson just put on film. Just look at our recent history over the last 15 years and it becomes clear that we are MUCH more likely to blow at least a game or two than to win out. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I've seen a lot of posts on here talking about how we're likely going to win out anyway and finish 10-1.

Can someone please explain to me what the **** you saw on Saturday night that gives you confidence in this prediction? Serious question...because getting curb-stomped by anyone, whether it be Clemson or just another middling ACC foe, doesn't scream 10-win team to me.
You have to understand how good that Clemson football program is right now to understand how we can STILL go 10-1. We fix 3rd down defense in that game and it's a COMPLETELY different game. Not much difference from our ceiling and floor, as was the case before the season started...Ceiling being 10-1 and floor being 9-2. Only thing that changes is if King got hurt, and at that point, (Sorry Kosi but that pick you threw was a bit head scratching so.....), we'd go to Van Dyke.

Advertisement
I think winning ten games would be a big accomplishment. But what I want to see possibly even more than that is the team to actually be able to hang with top ten opponents.

Winning ten games and getting embarrassed by CU again and by whatever top ten team we’d play in the bowl game would be more of the same.

I think winning ten games would be a big accomplishment. But what I want to see possibly even more than that is the team to actually be able to hang with top ten opponents.

Winning ten games and getting embarrassed by CU again and by whatever top ten team we’d play in the bowl game would be more of the same.
@RVACane you're gonna need a street sweeper today. The bridge has been absolutely depopulated.

I've seen a lot of posts on here talking about how we're likely going to win out anyway and finish 10-1.

Can someone please explain to me what the **** you saw on Saturday night that gives you confidence in this prediction? Serious question...because getting curb-stomped by anyone, whether it be Clemson or just another middling ACC foe, doesn't scream 10-win team to me.
Let it be.

The only thing that's important is Pitt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree play like we did Saturday and teams like UNC, VT, Pitt will push our **** in

We went into Tally ranked #7 to their #1 in 2013 and we got stomped and then folded like a cheap suit. Wasn't that long ago.
Thats why Saturday is so important. In all honesty if we lose Saturday it will signal to me that we are not going to improve under Manny. The signs are there but Saturday could be the nail in the coffin.

Advertisement

Perhaps reserve judgment until this Saturday.

1) Miami has been regularly losing to inferior opponents for 15 years. There is no reason to think that trend ends now.

2) Until proven otherwise, like my friend deerfieldcane said, King is a slightly more athletic Malik Rosier. He has looked good against 3 absolute garbage defenses (actually 3 garbage teams generally). Against a great defense he looked like...well...Malik Rosier.

3) See 2) above.
Agree on 1, but this Saturday will support or refute your thrust

Too early to tell on 2, I'm inclined to disagree, HOWEVER, King isn't going to be a "successful" NFL QB

1. As much as Clemson did it to us, we did it to ourselves with pre-snap misalignment and the personal fouls.

2. Clemson also has arguably the two best players in college football and we don't face them every week.

3. The defensive philosophy of not setting the edge and offense's inability to beat blitz-man coverage has to be addressed.

4. For all that went wrong we were down by 10 coming out of the half.

5. We were underprepared for the moment on defense and in general on offense; there likely won't be a bigger moment for us this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1) Because we won't play another team that is in the same stratosphere as Clemson for the duration of the year.

2) Because we have a QB that won't let us collapse like previous years.

3) Because even though we got destroyed by Clemson, we have destroyed the first 3 teams we played.

Bingo

Hope and prayer is the only way we don’t lose at least another game. You don’t get totally shut down with our talent level unless their is sever coaching issues. For the 4th game in a row I heard Manny say the opposing teams defense came out in a different front than they had shown on film. Yes, Manny said this **** again today on WQAM! I wonder if any of our opponents ever felt confused by anything we have done on defense? I know the answer. None!

7-3 is likely !

1. As much as Clemson did it to us, we did it to ourselves with pre-nap alignment and the personal fouls.

2. Clemson also has arguably the two best players in college football and we don't face them every week.

3. The defensive philosophy of not setting the edge and offense's inability to beat blitz-man coverage has to be addressed.

4. For all that went wrong we were down by 10 coming out of the half.

5. We were underprepared for the moment on defense and in general on offense; there likely won't be a bigger moment for us this season.
This sounds like the after the Florida game last year!

Advertisement
Back