10 wins

umiamifan1

Those guys were flying around...
I've seen a lot of posts on here talking about how we're likely going to win out anyway and finish 10-1.

Can someone please explain to me what the **** you saw on Saturday night that gives you confidence in this prediction? Serious question...because getting curb-stomped by anyone, whether it be Clemson or just another middling ACC foe, doesn't scream 10-win team to me.

Advertisement
1) Because we won't play another team that is in the same stratosphere as Clemson for the duration of the year.

2) Because we have a QB that won't let us collapse like previous years.

3) Because even though we got destroyed by Clemson, we have destroyed the first 3 teams we played.

canes fan warning.gif

The main thing I'm worried about is other teams copying Clemson's blueprint against us. Stacking the box and taking away the run, their blitzes, etc.
We've already put on tape that the WR's aren't going to do **** so...

Don't reply talking about how we smoked Louisville and FSU.
If you look at our body of work so far, it really doesn't say much. Louisville's only win was against Western Kentucky.
FSU's only win was against Jacksonville St. The other team was UAB. Need I say more? I'm not being a debbie downer, just being realistic. Technically we haven't done **** as far as beating a team with a pulse.

Advertisement
The main thing I'm worried about is other teams copying Clemson's blueprint against us. Stacking the box and taking away the run, their blitzes, etc.
We've already put on tape that the WR's aren't going to do **** so...

Don't reply talking about how we smoked Louisville and FSU.
If you look at our body of work so far, it really doesn't say much. Louisville's only win was against Western Kentucky.
FSU's only win was against Jacksonville St. The other team was UAB. Need I say more? I'm not being a debbie downer, just being realistic. Technically we haven't done **** as far as beating a team with a pulse.

Others can use Clemson's blueprint, sure. However, others don't have the talent that Clemson has to pull off that blueprint. The Clemson's, Bama's, Georgia's, and ugh, osu, are so far ahead of everyone else, using them as a complete apples to apples comparison is foolish.

Others can use Clemson's blueprint, sure. However, others don't have the talent that Clemson has to pull off that blueprint. The Clemson's, Bama's, Georgia's, and ugh, osu, are so far ahead of everyone else, using them as a complete apples to apples comparison is foolish.

To be fair it won’t take dbs of Clemson’s caliber to shut down our receivers either.

Louisville is not nearly as good as most expected them to be. They are winless within the conference and had their best offensive showing against us. This is also the worst FSU team we've faced in many decades. None of our wins have come against quality opponents so while I don't think that 10 wins is impossible, I also don't consider it a likely outcome given what we've seen from our own team in the aftermath of blowout losses over the last several years.

Advertisement
I have to see it to believe it, because the teams we blew out are absolute dog chit. Not saying we can't do it, but Louisville is a dumpster fire that lost to GT, and FSU quit against us at halftime.

1) Because we won't play another team that is in the same stratosphere as Clemson for the duration of the year.

2) Because we have a QB that won't let us collapse like previous years.

3) Because even though we got destroyed by Clemson, we have destroyed the first 3 teams we played.
1) Miami has been regularly losing to inferior opponents for 15 years. There is no reason to think that trend ends now.

2) Until proven otherwise, like my friend deerfieldcane said, King is a slightly more athletic Malik Rosier. He has looked good against 3 absolute garbage defenses (actually 3 garbage teams generally). Against a great defense he looked like...well...Malik Rosier.

3) See 2) above.

I've seen a lot of posts on here talking about how we're likely going to win out anyway and finish 10-1.

Can someone please explain to me what the **** you saw on Saturday night that gives you confidence in this prediction? Serious question...because getting curb-stomped by anyone, whether it be Clemson or just another middling ACC foe, doesn't scream 10-win team to me.
I'm taking the reasonable optimistic high road. Miami finishes " 9-2 ". Because arguably speaking there's three conference teams whom could give Miami a hard kick in the cujones and leave them with another lost. huh?

Also, Miami still has Diaz's " boy on the sidelines! " The dude had that " scared deer looking in the head lights look " on Saturn night. Literally LMFAO Even Diaz had the same look in his Calle Ocho peepers. LOL Jeepers, creep. You didn't have to say that. LOL

Advertisement
1) Miami has been regularly losing to inferior opponents for 15 years. There is no reason to think that trend ends now.

2) Until proven otherwise, like my friend deerfieldcane said, King is a slightly more athletic Malik Rosier. He has looked good against 3 absolute garbage defenses (actually 3 garbage teams generally). Against a great defense he looked like...well...Malik Rosier.

3) See 2) above.
Comparing King to Rosier is laughable, no offense. King has a track record of being a more accurate passer and a smarter player in general than Malik.

Not the topic of the thread but I’m beginning to think we can sneak bolden in the back of the first round/early second.. that’ll be huge if we could

Advertisement

Our fourth game - against a really good team with the #1 NFL draft pick, and the #1 Running back - on the road - at THEIR house. Not to leave anyone out - the refs seemed almighty friendly to Clemson.

We haven't been here, ranked and with a obvious promise of turning our program around, in a long, long time.

We took our measure - and discovered that we're running a bit short at the present - didn't get a lot of practice in for an entirely new offense - and it showed!

We learned a LOT. Coaches learned. Team learned. Players learned. Clemson gave us some hard, fast lessons - as they didn't hold anything back. We got their full measure - right up to the end.

We play them again - for the ACC - it won't be anything like this past game. We saw how good Clemson could play - but we were off - off timing, off play calling, off execution, off discipline.

We all knew we should lose. Clemson piled it on.

We'll get another turn. In the meantime, additional, live practice will make us better, and better.

Our fourth game - against a really good team with the #1 NFL draft pick, and the #1 Running back - on the road - at THEIR house. Not to leave anyone out - the refs seemed almighty friendly to Clemson.

We haven't been here, ranked and with a obvious promise of turning our program around, in a long, long time.

We took our measure - and discovered that we're running a bit short at the present - didn't get a lot of practice in for an entirely new offense - and it showed!

We learned a LOT. Coaches learned. Team learned. Players learned. Clemson gave us some hard, fast lessons - as they didn't hold anything back. We got their full measure - right up to the end.

We play them again - for the ACC - it won't be anything like this past game. We saw how good Clemson could play - but we were off - off timing, off play calling, off execution, off discipline.

We all knew we should lose. Clemson piled it on.

We'll get another turn. In the meantime, additional, live practice will make us better, and better.
We went into Tally ranked #7 to their #1 in 2013 and we got stomped and then folded like a cheap suit. Wasn't that long ago.

Advertisement
Back