1 thing I liked

Duke's fumble sucks. I know it kills him, and it was at such a crucial time.

It's not lost on me that we couldn't stop their O so there's a good chance it wouldn't have mattered even if we went on to score that drive. I know our D sucks. I expected it. But in a game where the D was utterly clueless (again), we STILL could have won. That scoop-and-score made me sick. Worst possible circumstances when one of your leaders simply makes a mistake on a night where he played so well.

**** like that kills me.

This big time. I am tired of the D coaches letting the players down. Its not right that a player of Duke's caliber cant make a mistake and the defense cant pat him on the head and say, "we will get it back for you"

As a player you know, ***** up one play and it will cost you the game. No room for error.

Advertisement
My hope is that Coley just flat out trusts Kaaya, who in turn takes full ownership of this offense and grows.

I saw a lot of promising things on this side of the ball on Saturday night

But that Oline and it's inability to create any real push on running plays from under center is troubling....

Saturday Night was what I was waiting to see. Spread the field, clear up the congestion around the LOS, pass to set up the run, draws and swing passes to Duke out of the backfield. This is the best way to maximize the talents of our personnel. With our playmakers it just made no sense to run all those heavy/tight formations. Should have done this from the jump.....but better late than never..

Saturday Night was what I was waiting to see. Spread the field, clear up the congestion around the LOS, pass to set up the run, draws and swing passes to Duke out of the backfield. This is the best way to maximize the talents of our personnel. With our playmakers it just made no sense to run all those heavy/tight formations. Should have done this from the jump.....but better late than never..

we were killin it in the spread...makes you wonder how it would be if we had a chip kelly type here...Kaaya in a couple years would be unstoppable.

When is the last time anyone was able to see 1 thing they liked about our defense when we played any non-Georgia Tech team. And Al wonders why the fans are upset...

Advertisement

Boom.

Offense was fine overall. I'd like to see more production from the WR position. We have a really good corps there and one that should be dictating the action. But we haven't really pressed the ball downfield to them to open up the intermediate. All in all, pretty good.

This.

it helps our OL too. Gregory had a few moments but our line played pretty well for the most part. I think people crying about Herb and Coley will get their wish eventually. When Kaaya needs to make a throw he looks for Berrios or Walford. Berrios is his boy and it's clear they have amazing chemistry for how young they are. Kaaya will get better at finding other guys but for now I just love seeing us use our strengths. It's exactly why I (and everyone) was so ****ed after Louisville. If we lose, we lose, but when you lose a game you could of won without using any of your strengths, that's unacceptable.

I thought Coley designed a bunch of good plays. Really liked what I saw.

Yes. After a sad game plan for week 1 (which was probably Golden's doing), our offense has looked pretty **** good and Kaaya has gotten better every single game.

That my friends is called coaching.

Advertisement
My hope is that Coley just flat out trusts Kaaya, who in turn takes full ownership of this offense and grows.

I saw a lot of promising things on this side of the ball on Saturday night

But that Oline and it's inability to create any real push on running plays from under center is troubling....

I'm actually shocked that Coley trusts Kaaya as much as he does and it's almost to the point that the idea of it is borderline reckless...but I love it. It shows freakin balls to let a true freshman throw that much with the type of throws required in a 90k stadium that sold out 300 something times in a row.

Hopefully Coley and Kaaya continue to progress

Play of the game as far as I'm concerned.

866641484.gif

Step 1: Split Walford out wide so he takes a LB with him.
Step 2: Run Dobard up the seam so he takes the CB who's near LOS with him.
Step 3: Force the MLB to run through Dobard and the CB to cover Duke on a wheel route.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit.

The rest of the game has been buried in the deepest recesses of my brain. Read Vish's recap if you feel like cutting yourself.

http://www.pageqsports.com/2014/09/miami-at-nebraska-diary-of-bullets/

1. I enjoyed the South Park reference
2. I'm encouraged by Kaaya's progress
3. Need D to force the opposing O into plan B. Not once did we stack the box and say, "you'll have to beat us some other way."
4. Have not yet read a post by anyone who noticed the blown call in the second quarter. Canes up 14-7. & minutes left in the half.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=400547789
Neb. was in a 3rd and 11 and completed a pass on the right sideline to a receiver who stepped out of bounds (by at least a foot) two strides before the ball got there. It probably wouldn't have changed the game, but it would have been nice for our D to get off of the field. In that series they actually earned it. Holding serve at that point would have sent us into the half either tied, or judging by the way Coley had the O going, with a lead. Pity.

Last edited:
I liked most of what I saw on offense last week. Loved using Duke out of the backfield and I loved using the TE like we did. It's great to see. Moving forward:
Less bubble screens. We go to the well far too often.
Would like to see S. Coley used down the field more. He's dynamic and hasn't got the ball enough.
More crossing routes.
but finally....PLEASE stop rolling Kaaya LEFT on those ******* sprint boots! Please! Why roll to his off-side? I hate it!

I liked a few things.
Offense came out ready to play and executed.
Kaaya being a big reason why.
Liked the offensive line play.
Liked the team as a whole not backing down and putting up a fight.
Liked the team not quitting.

Advertisement
Offense wasn't a complete abomination, which is a positive. It was actually exciting for a time, though it was all overshadowed by the no-Defense. After the first Nebraska drive I already knew it was over. We couldn't stop them, just like any other team that runs and has more talent than a HS squad. That one drive ruined the game, knowing it was already over.

Play of the game as far as I'm concerned.

866641484.gif

Step 1: Split Walford out wide so he takes a LB with him.
Step 2: Run Dobard up the seam so he takes the CB who's near LOS with him.
Step 3: Force the MLB to run through Dobard and the CB to cover Duke on a wheel route.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit.

The rest of the game has been buried in the deepest recesses of my brain. Read Vish's recap if you feel like cutting yourself.

http://www.pageqsports.com/2014/09/miami-at-nebraska-diary-of-bullets/

1. I enjoyed the South Park reference
2. I'm encouraged by Kaaya's progress
3. Need D to force the opposing O into plan B. Not once did we stack the box and say, "you'll have to beat us some other way."
4. Have not yet read a post by anyone who noticed the blown call in the second quarter. Canes up 14-7. & minutes left in the half.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=400547789
Neb. was in a 3rd and 11 and completed a pass on the right sideline to a receiver who stepped out of bounds (by at least a foot) two strides before the ball got there. It probably wouldn't have changed the game, but it would have been nice for our D to get off of the field. In that series they actually earned it. Holding serve at that point would have sent us into the half either tied, or judging by the way Coley had the O going, with a lead. Pity.

I noticed that non call too. The odd thing was that the ref tossed off his hat, indicating that the wr went out. But then nothing was said about it. I was confused.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back