1 thing I liked

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
Play of the game as far as I'm concerned.

866641484.gif

Step 1: Split Walford out wide so he takes a LB with him.
Step 2: Run Dobard up the seam so he takes the CB who's near LOS with him.
Step 3: Force the MLB to run through Dobard and the CB to cover Duke on a wheel route.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit.

The rest of the game has been buried in the deepest recesses of my brain. Read Vish's recap if you feel like cutting yourself.

http://www.pageqsports.com/2014/09/miami-at-nebraska-diary-of-bullets/

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought Coley designed a bunch of good plays. Really liked what I saw.

Yup. Actually looked like we had a gameplan and dictated what we wanted to do. Didnt go in shell and get scared while on road.

There seemed to be rhyme n reason to what we tried to do, and Kaaya seemed confident in everything we tried to do. Hope this continues as season goes on

That first drive was as efficient as I've seen a Miami offense in 15 years.

Kaaya is gonna be a good one. Coley called an excellent game.

Advertisement
Coley showed a lot. He had a game plan and executed it. He had a rhyme and reason for what he was doing.

I've said it a lot here but the 3rd and 4 and 4th and 4...Duke needs the ball twice in a row. That was the only thing I didn't like from Coley.

Seems like coley learned from his past mistakes and adjusted ...

Agreed, a night and day difference from Louisville. It really makes me wonder if Golden forces Coley to call an entirely different (conservative/play not to lose) game than he truly wants sometimes i.e. Louisville... Based on what was written about Golden sitting in with offense, this may just be the case.

Loved it..but confused why he had PD run his route to the play side, drawing the S & LB that prevented the score. That's kinda of nitpicking, but one of the little things I notice with Coley's plays. He seems to find ways to flood his playside calls with defenders that could be run off.

Edit^ Was Malcolm he ran to the playside.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Save Duke coughing up the ball, and Kaaya making a couple of mistakes we are pretty **** perfect on offense.

Offense played pretty well, screens ad nauseum drive me nuts. I also loved seeing guys come to the aid of teammates, ala Dobard and McDermott. Although, McDermott shouldn't have tried to hold that #4 up after he popped him.

Advertisement
Coley showed a lot. He had a game plan and executed it. He had a rhyme and reason for what he was doing.

I've said it a lot here but the 3rd and 4 and 4th and 4...Duke needs the ball twice in a row. That was the only thing I didn't like from Coley.

Yeah that bothered me. I actually think Duke needs more touches overall. The coaches seem to shoot for 20 touches,that's not enough. Feed him the **** ball. Abdulluh had 35 carries plus returned kicks. This coaching staff gives Duke 20 touches and is scared to let him do returns.

Yeah that bothered me. I actually think Duke needs more touches overall. The coaches seem to shoot for 20 touches,that's not enough. Feed him the **** ball. Abdulluh had 35 carries plus returned kicks. This coaching staff gives Duke 20 touches and is scared to let him do returns.

Please put Duke back at kick returner, Coley and Dorsett are not meant for that position, leave Stacey at punt returner.

Coley adjusted. Much more space for duke running out of the shotgun spread. Got the ball to Duke in different ways through the air. I would have liked something more imaginative in terms of giving the ball to Coley other than bubble screens. I'm not sure whether its just Coley or Kaaya but I love the use of the tight end.

Advertisement
Coley is growing as a OC. Getting Duke involved in the passing game is money all day long. Either as a decoy or getting him the ball in space.

Until our OLine shows some push upfront the better deal right now it to throw the ball.

Coley adjusted. Much more space for duke running out of the shotgun spread. Got the ball to Duke in different ways through the air. I would have liked something more imaginative in terms of giving the ball to Coley other than bubble screens. I'm not sure whether its just Coley or Kaaya but I love the use of the tight end.

agreed, we should have been going to Coley vertically...

Duke's fumble sucks. I know it kills him, and it was at such a crucial time.

It's not lost on me that we couldn't stop their O so there's a good chance it wouldn't have mattered even if we went on to score that drive. I know our D sucks. I expected it. But in a game where the D was utterly clueless (again), we STILL could have won. That scoop-and-score made me sick. Worst possible circumstances when one of your leaders simply makes a mistake on a night where he played so well.

**** like that kills me.

I mean better late than never as far as getting Duke the ball. I think the OL being shaky could be a bit of a blessing. We need to get Duke the ball in space so we need to get creative. In space he's a warlock. Bunched up he doesn't do us much good. I like.

Advertisement
Back