1 of 21 on offense

I hadn't seen this posted on here specifically, so forgive me if this is redundant, but by my count we've played 21 kids on offense through 2 games.

Exactly 1 is a senior. KJ Osborn. That's it.

That's really incredible to me. I think we all realized how young this offense was going to be this year, but wow, when you think about it like that it's pretty incredible. I've been VERY critical of the offense....IMO the offense did not play well enough in either game to win. Although UNC was much, much better. But maybe I've got to take a small step back and look big picture. There's no excuses here....this is Miami. You've got to win, period. But that's insane to play almost a full 2 deep on one side and only have 1 kid take a snap who is a senior.

And to go even further, only 5 are even juniors!!! So of the 21 kids who have played, 15 are either freshmen or sophomores. That's 71% of your 2-deep are freshmen or sophomores, 24% are juniors, and 5% are seniors.

If we continue to see the improvement we saw from game 1 to game 2 for the rest of the year, this can be a pretty **** good offense by the end of the season and then look out the next couple years.

Advertisement
I hadn't seen this posted on here specifically, so forgive me if this is redundant, but by my count we've played 21 kids on offense through 2 games.

That's really incredible to me. I think we all realized how young this offense was going to be this year, but wow, when you think about it like that it's pretty incredible. I've been VERY critical of the offense....IMO the offense did not play well enough in either game to win. Although UNC was much, much better. But maybe I've got to take a small step back and look big picture. There's no excuses here....this is Miami. You've got to win, period. But that's insane to play almost a full 2 deep on one side and only have 1 kid take a snap who is a senior.

And to go even further, only 5 are even juniors!!! So of the 21 kids who have played, 15 are either freshmen or sophomores. That's 71% of your 2-deep are freshmen or sophomores, 24% are juniors, and 5% are seniors.

If we continue to see the improvement we saw from game 1 to game 2 for the rest of the year, this can be a pretty **** good offense by the end of the season and then look out the next couple years.

Well when half of these highly recruited sophomores transfer after the season...check the numbers then

I expect the offense to be in " sync " by the seventh game against Georgia Tech. Two cream puffs at Thee SLS. Then arguably speaking two tough conference opponents at home.

Advertisement
This is shocking to hear. I realize that should our Oline stick it out, they will be a huge strength to this team in the future. Skill players are less likely to stay through Senior year if they show out. But that is definitely not the case right now. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement
Just hope the defense can hold up its end. Tired of teams that only have one or the other. Takes both for a team to be really good

IMO they have through 2 games. They haven’t been elite, but to me they’ve played well enough to win both games. Certainly the UF game. And probably last week. The advanced metrics agree.

But yes, if this offense can get humming and the defense gets more experienced, there’s no reason this can’t be a pretty good football team after they finally get to play a preseason game and finally get to play a home game.

We are taking jumps not steps in improving each game so I’m optimistic about the O. And we did miss 2 FGs and could have kicked another plus the 2 pt drop. For all their failures potential of 36 is enough to win esp vs UNC. Room to improve everywhere

Advertisement
IMO they have through 2 games. They haven’t been elite, but to me they’ve played well enough to win both games. Certainly the UF game. And probably last week. The advanced metrics agree.

But yes, if this offense can get humming and the defense gets more experienced, there’s no reason this can’t be a pretty good football team after they finally get to play a preseason game and finally get to play a home game.

We need Bubba Bolden playing. Safety play has killed us these first two games.

There's always going to be some growing pains when you're playing this many young guys and first time starters. No excuses though, we've had 4th quarter leads in both games so far and managed to blow both. Time to learn how to finish games.

Advertisement
Irvin is the other other junior to play.
So that's 5 true juniors and a grad transfer that makes up our entire veteran group on offense. But by all means CIS, everyone knows an offense this young peaks after 2 games on the road so there's no point in trusting Enos or this offense to continue to grow.

BUT BUT BUT don't you know they're supposed to come into UM right out of HS and be expected by some :youre-nuts:to play like seniors??

Miami's DC and assistants and the defensive players had MORE TO DO with the loss in late game situation" 4-17. " Than a true Carolina Blue freshmen QB.

LOL dude was throwing dimes most of the game including blowing the top off our defense for the entire first quarter. Youth didnt seem to bother him.

Advertisement
Back