#1 Juco CB Brian George

Or he comes and beats out Ivey or Blades and one of them has to redshirt.

Keep in mind that a redshirt does not have to be in a player’s first season. Ivey and Blades haven’t proven anything yet

Advertisement
You gotta have balanced class. I would sign him and them redshirt him so

1. He gets a year in a D1 S&C program because he is rail thin

2. it would put him in the same class as Bethal and it would give us 2 seniors and 2 juniors instead of 3 seniors and 1 junior.

No you dont.

I have no clue why it would be an issue to have 3 senior corners.

**** the years...its about the talent level. Alot of dbs will be on the field regardless...and its a position that is pretty plug and play for early guys. So if 3 guys leave we likely need 1 to play as a tf.

Can’t discount that our guys like to go pro after their JR years as well so if/when Ivey/Blades leaves, we’ll have an experienced upperclassman ready

Glad Ivins to hear that UM would take him at this time...I was thinking it was Clarke or him.

My only hesitation with George is the fact he is the same grade as Ivey and Blades so if he comes here we would have 3 Seniors at Corner which isnt ideal

Hard to predict the future. What if one of Ivey or Blades (or George) is a beast and goes pro after 3rd year? What if one of the three gets hurt and redshirts a year? (hope not, but injuries happen). If you think adding a guy can help your team, you try to add him. My only concern is that we add players in other positions where we might have more need. IMO we really need another OT, probably another LB and TE, and possibly another WR or RB. Sort of have to compare George to the guys we might add at those positions.

Advertisement
Please don’t kill me Rumph Lovers. I’ve got no issues with your boy! The best part about this kid is he’s most similar to what Rumph has had success with.

He is 1 for 3 on the Juco/Grad Transfer route. He hit on Colbert (Diaz With the Texas assist). The guy had NFL ability and Rumph unlocked it. Playing at a position he wasn’t experienced in.

Didn’t do a great job with Delaney (injuries didn’t help) and Dean was a major disappointment (seemed to be the wrong type of DB for Rumph. speed guy not a technique guy). Dean never seemed to have confidence.

This kid plays most like Colbert on his tape. He comes up and HITS. He tracks the ball really well. Has the length Rumph likes.

The question is level of competition. Can he run with the big boys. If Rumph believes he can his playing style would be a great fit.

Please don’t kill me Rumph Lovers. I’ve got no issues with your boy! The best part about this kid is he’s most similar to what Rumph has had success with.

He is 1 for 3 on the Juco/Grad Transfer route. He hit on Colbert (Diaz With the Texas assist). The guy had NFL ability and Rumph unlocked it. Playing at a position he wasn’t experienced in.

Didn’t do a great job with Delaney (injuries didn’t help) and Dean was a major disappointment (seemed to be the wrong type of DB for Rumph. speed guy not a technique guy). Dean never seemed to have confidence.

This kid plays most like Colbert on his tape. He comes up and HITS. He tracks the ball really well. Has the length Rumph likes.

The question is level of competition. Can he run with the big boys. If Rumph believes he can his playing style would be a great fit.

Kansaa JUCO probably best in the country

Advertisement
Back