2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

Advertisement
Define elite things in the nfl?
Portis elite
Santana Moss elite
Sean Taylor elite
Ed Reed elite
Etc. (There are more obviously)

U see a pattern? Those were Butch guys....u seen what we have sent after he left? That should answer your question...those are my expectations at the U. They did it in college and they got to the league and did it there. It's what bama does now. That's what I expect nothing less. Why? Cause it's been done here before....if we were Rutgers I wouldn't expect that and I know it would be asking too much.

Portis elite
Santana Moss elite
Sean Taylor elite
Ed Reed elite
Etc. (There are more obviously)

U see a pattern? Those were Butch guys....u seen what we have sent after he left? That should answer your question...those are my expectations at the U. They did it in college and they got to the league and did it there. It's what bama does now. That's what I expect nothing less. Why? Cause it's been done here before....if we were Rutgers I wouldn't expect that and I know it would be asking too much.

A player can be elite in college without doing much in the pros. I think if an athlete becomes an AA then he’s elite.

Advertisement
The good guys out in front with USC coming second according to someone who would know:) It's recruiting so things can change at any time (my best Gaby hedge yet ha). I don't believe OSU is a player here contrary to belief.
20220421_175556.gif

Advertisement
i dont want tebows im good give me gods only

This doesn’t make sense. I bet you would take a Dorsey, Torretta, Vinnie, etc. Some of the greatest college players didn’t do much in the NFL. Reggie Bush, Lawrence Phillips, Vince Young, etc. Even on our 01 Canes, Reed wasn’t even the 1st DB taken. Rumph & Buchanan went ahead of him. They were elite college DBs.

This doesn’t make sense. I bet you would take a Dorsey, Torretta, Vinnie, etc. Some of the greatest college players didn’t do much in the NFL. Reggie Bush, Lawrence Phillips, Vince Young, etc. Even on our 01 Canes, Reed wasn’t even the 1st DB taken. Rumph & Buchanan went ahead of him. They were elite college DBs.
Vinnie did plenty good enough in the NFL....His stats sh*t on 3 HOF QBs...and took the Jets to the AFC Championship, not to mention Won a SB ring with Dallas as Aikmans backup.

Advertisement

TrumpyCane’s Jets enjoyed Vinny’s time

Reggie was really good in the NFL, even though he was never the GOAT like many predicted, he performed admirably many seasons.

Advertisement
Expect us to eventually land the generational talents like McClain

Eventually is a far cry from “after 4 months taking over a program who has been in the toilet for a generation”. He’s also from Lakeland.

If Mario starts winning the division, the conference, contending or god forbid making it to the playoff, and we’re getting smoked left and right for tri-county kids, then we can wonder what’s going on. Thankfully that won’t happen. But if a Lakeland DB signs up to play for Nick Saban and arguably the greatest program of all-time, I’m not sure how you can complain about that at this point. We lost to Virginia at home on national TV like 7 months ago.

Eventually is a far cry from “after 4 months taking over a program who has been in the toilet for a generation”. He’s also from Lakeland.

If Mario starts winning the division, the conference, contending or god forbid making it to the playoff, and we’re getting smoked left and right for tri-county kids, then we can wonder what’s going on. Thankfully that won’t happen. But if a Lakeland DB signs up to play for Nick Saban and arguably the greatest program of all-time, I’m not sure how you can complain about that at this point. We lost to Virginia at home on national TV like 7 months ago.
Yea. Eventually. I’m not sure who you’re quoting there.

Advertisement
Back